MN Chat Thread

jmodge

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2001 alh Jetta, RC2 w/.205's 5speed daily summer commuter and 2000 alh Jetta 5spd swap, 2" lift, hitch, stage 3 TDtuning w/.216's winter cruiser, 1996 Tacoma ALh
I wonder if the material of the air filter breaking down would do that. Any air filter on a truck in the shop was changed when they were a year old just for that reason, whether they seemed dirty or not

[486]

Top Post Dawg
TDI
02 golf ALH
Of. I upgraded to a gtb2260v. And steel feed line. I was debating opening it. Ice seems probable. Because my ccv heaters been disabled. But with how dirty my maf was. I think it was that cheap filter I ran that didn't have a gasket between the cone and the body. I since rtv'd it. But I went back to stock intake. I don't trust them anymore.
I will be replacing that accordion tube with aluminum though.
steel feed line crimps off with the vise grip just as good as soft ones, never done a brake line to get home?

cone filter explains it right there, it's from sand getting into the intake air
the OE plastic accordion boot thingus works great, its the rubber ones that a lot of manufacturers use that get dry and cracked

DivineChaos

Top Post Dawg
TDI
mk6 jetta sportwagen tdi
steel feed line crimps off with the vise grip just as good as soft ones, never done a brake line to get home?

cone filter explains it right there, it's from sand getting into the intake air
the OE plastic accordion boot thingus works great, its the rubber ones that a lot of manufacturers use that get dry and cracked
Thingus. Lol. I would use silicone couplers. I never had lick crimping. I would carry a nail. Pop a line off the mater or abs. Put the nail in the line and back in. Ran a car on 3 for 6 months.

Last edited:

DivineChaos

Top Post Dawg
TDI
mk6 jetta sportwagen tdi
I wonder if the material of the air filter breaking down would do that. Any air filter on a truck in the shop was changed when they were a year old just for that reason, whether they seemed dirty or not
It's possible. Couldn't see light through it when I got it and I can now. Probably 40k on it.

[486]

Top Post Dawg
TDI
02 golf ALH
Things. Lol. I would use silicone couplers.
"thingus" is technical terminology I'll have you know lol
by 'rubber intake boots cracking' I meant like on hondas, mazdas and fords, they crack at the corrugations and let unfiltered air in handily
the mazdas are usually gentlemanly enough to stall from time to time because of the massive metered air leak, the others just start burning oil to let you know that they've successfully committed seppuku

DivineChaos

Top Post Dawg
TDI
mk6 jetta sportwagen tdi
"thingus" is technical terminology I'll have you know lol
by 'rubber intake boots cracking' I meant like on hondas, mazdas and fords, they crack at the corrugations and let unfiltered air in handily
the mazdas are usually gentlemanly enough to stall from time to time because of the massive metered air leak, the others just start burning oil to let you know that they've successfully committed seppuku
Bro ur awesome. Lol.you sound from the range

GlowBugTDI

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 Beetle GLS TDI (BIODSL). 01 original Glow Bug TDI (sold)
What motor. Alh? If so 11mm or 10mm makes a difference as well as if its been rebuilt or not.

TDI
2003 IBW
I just noticed that auto correct slaughtered my first post.
I was asking if anyone has ever gotten an 11mm injection pump for an alh out of the upull r parts yard and if so how much did they charge for it? Do the charge it as a fuel pump or do they charge it at some higher rate due to it being an injection pump

GlowBugTDI

Veteran Member
TDI
It says on their site under prices. And ya they have them sometimes. People grab them pretty quick tho. There was a 10mm a couple weeks ago on a good alh (motor looked to be completely operational)

TDI
2003 IBW
I was there last weekend getting a brm intake manifold finally and I saw that 10 mm pump. Thanks for the info on the price. Now I get to play the waiting game until an 11mm shows up. I’m in no hurry though.

GlowBugTDI

Veteran Member
TDI
Ok, was that 10mm the ine on the blue beetle? I kinda want to wait till their half off sale and buy the whole engine if everything is still there when im there next

DivineChaos

Top Post Dawg
TDI
mk6 jetta sportwagen tdi
Anyone have a parts cp3? I need a part asap.i need a suction valve. Will pay for overnight shipping.
Edit: well apparently he is sending me out a replacement CP3 fuel pump. Says it should ship today and be here in 7 to 10 days. So for two weeks I'm going to have to drive my pig of a truck. 200 miles a day 20 miles a gallon. Ughhhhh.

Last edited:

DivineChaos

Top Post Dawg
TDI
mk6 jetta sportwagen tdi
Anyone have a parts cp3? I need a part asap.i need a suction valve. Will pay for overnight shipping.
Edit: well apparently he is sending me out a replacement CP3 fuel pump. Says it should ship today and be here in 7 to 10 days. So for two weeks I'm going to have to drive my pig of a truck. 200 miles a day 20 miles a gallon. Ughhhhh.
Well, he's sending me a replacement. So next thing. Where can I get a rebuild kit for a Bosch 9637317380 pump

[486]

Top Post Dawg
TDI
02 golf ALH
Well, he's sending me a replacement. So next thing. Where can I get a rebuild kit for a Bosch 9637317380 pump
diesel components down in the south of the cities (they recently moved, so dunno exactly where to) always been good about dropshipping me **** from their warehouse in WI
arrives fast through spee-dee

ETA: I really should check in here more often, got a crank sitting on the shelf and end up driving through cambridge just about every day

fatmobile

Veteran Member
TDI
an ALH M-TDI in a MK2, a 2000 Jetta, 2003 wagon
There is a guy down here in Mason City with a blue MK4 TDI he flipped on it's lid in the snow this winter.
He's on facebook, I'm not or would make a link for you.
He originally wanted $750 for it but has already started parting it has the pump and injectors gone.
Want's $650 for the engine/turbo/downpipe no cat and trany with a new clutch.
I have his phone number if you PM me.

fatmobile

Veteran Member
TDI
an ALH M-TDI in a MK2, a 2000 Jetta, 2003 wagon
It might have that. I don't have facebook saw it on my neighbor's.
But I think it did now that you mention it, we got a laugh out of it.

TornadoRed

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2003 Jetta TDI wagon, silver; 2003 Jetta TDI wagon, indigo blue; 2003 Golf GL 5-spd, red (PARTED); 2003 Golf GLS 5-spd, indigo blue (SOLD); 2003 Jetta TDI wagon, Candy White (SOLD)
The FleetFarm website has Mobil Delvac 1 ESP 5w40 for $25.99/gallon, but I haven't been in one of the stores lately so don't know how much they have in stock. A few months ago they had no gallon jugs, but had 5-gallon pails.

There is a $7/gallon rebate on all sizes of Delvac 1 ESP and Mobil 1 Turbo Diesel Truck through May 31, 2022. So that knocks the price for Delvac down to $18.99/gallon. So a good time to stock up on good oil at a good price.

https://acbincentives.com/mobildelvac/terms.asp?Rebates

tenacious84

TDI
'13 Passat SEL
I'm located just northwest of the metro and have a problem with my 2013 Passat (see link below). Any recommendations on shops? I have been to Minnesota German Autowerks in Montrose previously for a timing belt/water pump replacement and had no complaints. Just curious as to what else might be out there.

GlowBugTDI

Veteran Member
TDI
I'm located just northwest of the metro and have a problem with my 2013 Passat (see link below). Any recommendations on shops? I have been to Minnesota German Autowerks in Montrose previously for a timing belt/water pump replacement and had no complaints. Just curious as to what else might be out there.

Precision imports in milaca MN is great. We've taken our cars to them several times over the last few years. They do quality work and know the cars well.