6th Annual Midlands/Green Energy Biofuel Summer GTG

BioJoe

TDI
Toureag 09
9/10/16 - 6th Annual Midlands/Green Energy Biofuel Summer GTG

OK Boys and Girls, Wrench Turners and On lookers, and TDI enthusiasts alike,
It is time for the 6th Annual Midlands Biofuels/Green Energy Biofuels GTG - September 10th.
Event will be Downtown Winnsboro, SC.
Location: Main Street Winnsboro, SC, beside Shell Gas Station and across the street from the Dodge Dealership.
Plant Address: 310 South Congress Street, Winnsboro, SC 29180
BIOJOE says:
8am till 5 PM
Food : TBD lunch item. Please bring any complimentary sides you'd like to share.
Biodiesel $2 per gallon on the b100 available with Biocide and antioxidant added. We call it the "BioPro" blend.
I'll spray Side lot for mosquitoes again this year.
There's a car lift inside the plant and plenty of room to work on cars on the concrete as well as in the shaded grass areas beside the plant.
Pop Up Tents and bag chairs are always welcome.
A/C inside and 2 bath rooms with changing room.
Gas station next door if you need extra drinks and snacks.
I will be giving several tours during the day. We have retooled the entire Biodiesel plant to add methanol recovery and have eliminated water washing to purify fuel and now purify via Centrifuge! We have added over 20,000 gallons of process tanks, covered work area and filtration, as well as a new waste oil boiler that uses anything from motor oil to veggie oil to heat the plant.
Please DO NOT bring any used motor oil!! COOKING OIL ONLY!!! $.50 off per gallon donated. We've had people bring 100's of gallons in the past and paid for others discounts per gallon on biodiesel.
BYOFC - Bring Your Own Fuel Cans or I'll have some used totes and car boys you can use for temporary transport for free if you want.
Email biojoe@midlandsBiofuels.com or call 803-718-4727 if u need anything."

Last edited:
D

dlm308rem

All in! Looking for a tune on the bug(05 BEW) need the flashzilla tool I believe. Rear brake light needs to be addressed(keeps blowing bulbs) as well as the third brake light(doesn't work at all)

Last edited:

N41EF

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 Golf, 2009 ML 320, 2006 NB, 2001 NB
I'm in, I'll bring containers for BIO but have nothing to work on at the moment.

GCBUG00

Veteran Member
TDI
2000 Beetle
Joe,

Thanks, its on the calendar. Good chance for AC pressure checking I bet.

Cowboy coffee coming up.

Gary

Jake_S

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 JSW TDI/DSG; 05 Jetta Wagon auto (retired)
I'm in. The kiddo's will enjoy a tour of the facility.

Jake

terrydtdi

Veteran Member
TDI
2000 MK4 TDI Jetta 5spd
Joe, great to hear your having another GTG always enjoy it.

I hope I can make it, got some busy weekends coming up around that time.

AndyBees

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Silver 2003 Jetta TDI, Silver 2000 Jetta TDI (sold), '84 Vanagon with '02 ALH engine
Pretty sure we'll be there... Probably drive down on Friday and get a room at Newberry... After breakfast, we'll drive over for a few hours!

jcilforever

Veteran Member
TDI
2004 Jetta (SOLD), 2004 Beetle, 2003 Jetta Wagon (parts car) all manuals all for sale
Dsg

Will we be able to do DSG oil and filter changes? Passat TDI SE

GCBUG00

Veteran Member
TDI
2000 Beetle
Hopefully Terry will make it, my fresh TB needs pump timing check but its running darn good.

And looks great for the weather.

Houpty GT

Veteran Member
TDI
Corrado TDI, 2000 Golf, 1996 B4 Variant
I think I'll be there. I am deciding if a condenser change is too big a job for the GTG.

terrydtdi

Veteran Member
TDI
2000 MK4 TDI Jetta 5spd
I'm planning on being there this Saturday. Looking forward to it. And hope to grab some of that awesome bio!

D

dlm308rem

Sorry

I have had a big change of plans, parents are in town. I will not be able to attend. So sorry I will miss this one, TerryTDI Take pix brother.. Is Daniel/Landon or DanG144 planning on coming, if so, sorry I missed you all this go around. See you at the next one.

Houpty GT

Veteran Member
TDI
Corrado TDI, 2000 Golf, 1996 B4 Variant
Some railroad tracks in Virginia got the best of me.

Is anyone bringing a vacuum pump? I have one but it is made out of an old refrigerator compressor so it is a little clumsy.

jcilforever

Veteran Member
TDI
2004 Jetta (SOLD), 2004 Beetle, 2003 Jetta Wagon (parts car) all manuals all for sale
2004 Modded Jetta for sale

Hello guys will be bringing my son who is 10 he has never been to one before but has an interest in cars. Will be picking up some Bio. Most importantly there to see the people always the best part. Also bringing my 2004 VW Jetta GLS TDI Sedan that has over 10K in mods it is for Sale. Some one totaled my 2003 Wagon and we got a 2013 Passatt so the toy has to go:(. Looking forward to seeing everyone no work this time unless someone needs some help.

BioJoe

TDI
Toureag 09
TDI GTG moved to SEPTEMBER 10TH!!!!!

SEPTEMBER 10th

BioJoe had a family emergency and is unable to host today's event.
Everything is ok so there is nothing to worry about. However, today's event will have to be pushed to September 10th.

Please help spread the word as this event is scheduled to start in one hour!!!!

Massive Appologies to all the planned on being there today.

We hope to see you in a few weeks.

BioJoe

TDI
Toureag 09
I have private messaged everyone but know that some are already on the road to Winnsboro. Again please let everyone know we have had to push this years GTG to Sept 10th

GCBUG00

Veteran Member
TDI
2000 Beetle
Joe,

Hope all's well. It was a nice weather day for a GTG.

Hope the gang can review calendars and see if it works. At least this time I didn't get slightly lost, found the shop on the first try.

Gary

BioJoe

TDI
Toureag 09
Just a Reminder about next weekend Sept 10th for this years TDI GTG! I hope to as many of you as can make it this year! Assuming you don't get washed away. Call me if you have any questions or need anything 803-718-4727. I don't have a good head count so if you plan on coming please let me know as soon as you can.

TDI_G

Veteran Member
TDI
None Currently- 2008 BMW 335I
anyone coming up from the atlanta area ? ... i need a seat picked up at salvage yard in lawrenceville ... i will compensate you for the trouble ;)
I live right next to Lawrenceville but won't be able to make it to the GTG.

BioJoe

TDI
Toureag 09
Don't forget about "THE BIG GRAB" yard sale this weekend when you come to the TDI GTG at our plant. If you have something to sell, bring it with you or if you or someone you know likes yard sales this is the mother of all yard sales 85 miles long and it comes right down main street. It will surely add a interesting dynamic to this years GTG.
see more info:
http://www.townofwinnsboro.com/calendar/the-big-grab

jcilforever

Veteran Member
TDI
going to come

Will be coming myself with my 2004 Jetta GLS TDI Manual with over $10,000 of cusom work for sale.
Can't wait to see everyone there son has a soccer game he is sorry he is going to mis it.