Need help with Fault Code 02511 ?

roadking00

TDI
2005.5 Black Jetta (Auto DSG)Pushing 320K
Ok so I recently replaced my drivers side door harness, no issues and all seems to be working properly.

A day or so later the front seat heaters stopped working (coincidence I guess) and I found the heated washer nozzle wires damaged and shorting out causing Fuse SC46 (5a) to blow which was apparently part of the A/C Control module and had the heated seats in the mix as well.

Repaired the short and replaced the fuse and it held and my heated seats were back in business. But in the process of trouble shooting I borrowed a 5a fuse from a known good one until I was able to get some additional 5a fuses from the store the next day and of course during that process I blew a borrowed fuse from SC10 (I believe)which is the "Seat occupied sensor control module" I replaced and checked any and all fuses but my AIR BAG light is now on and will not reset via the VCDS so apparently there is something I am missing ??

Years ago I did have the fix for the airbag issue taken care of and all was fine until this snowball situation just happened? So now back to the troubleshooting and was hoping someone can chime in , the existing fault code that continues to return is below.

02511- Control Module for seat occupied recognition (J706)
012 - Electrical Fault in Circuit - MIL ON

ZiggyTheHamster

Veteran Member
TDI
2009 VW Jetta TDI
What's your VCDS scan log? My instinct would be to enter the module that is reporting that fault and see if there is a measuring block that would tell you if the seat is occupied or not. If there is, and it toggles, you know that it's actually fine. It might just be that you have to clear the code while not being in the seat.

roadking00

TDI
2005.5 Black Jetta (Auto DSG)Pushing 320K
What's your VCDS scan log? My instinct would be to enter the module that is reporting that fault and see if there is a measuring block that would tell you if the seat is occupied or not. If there is, and it toggles, you know that it's actually fine. It might just be that you have to clear the code while not being in the seat.
It's my neighbor that has the VCDS,is it best to post the FULL scan log ? The fault code that came up is the above one that I entered off the hard copy he printed out for me... We tried resetting the fault code with no one in the seat and it still came right back....I will see about hooking it back up and see if we are able to go into that specific module and toggle the bit as you mentioned.