TDIFest 2009

VeeDubTDI

Wanderluster, Traveler, TDIClub Enthusiast
TDI
‘18 Tesla Model 3D+, ‘14 Cadillac ELR, ‘13 Fiat 500e
All good things to note. I think that since it will be labor day weekend, most people are understanding that there will be a bit of partying.

As for how far it is to *.store, everything you can imagine is within 5 minutes of anywhere. :p Have you been to the Washington Metropolitan Area before?

bhtooefr

TDIClub Enthusiast, ToofTek Inventor
TDI
None
Haiku TDI said:
Yes, but it is fun to watch those who do:D
I agree with that, and I'm one of the people that wouldn't mind actually going out on the track, but there are a lot of people that have zero interest whatsoever in that, unless it's for a fuel economy run or something.

MOGolf

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2001 Golf GLS TDI Reflex silver, rough road suspension and steel skid plate, 2004 Passat Variant, Candy White, rough road suspension and geared balanced shaft module, and much, much more. 2016 LR RR HSE TD6, 2019 Jaguar I-PACE
If someone is seriously considering a Hyatt as a location, let me know. I can put you in touch with someone who might be able to help (although she works at the H.R. in downtown SF, she has connections to all the others).

tdireader

Veteran Member
TDI
TDI
VeeDubTDI said:
All good things to note. I think that since it will be labor day weekend, most people are understanding that there will be a bit of partying.
Some years I've spent 90% of my time in hotels. I've gotten in pretty good w/ the staff and have heard stories. Some guests want everything quite after 7pm and will call the front deck if a dog farts.

You just don't want a hotel that is going to add a bunch of stupid "rules" when reserving a room block. It's just a freakin hotel and some hotels have a superiority complex.

VeeDubTDI said:
As for how far it ius to *.store, everything you can imagine is within 5 minutes of anywhere. Have you been to the Washington Metropolitan Area before?
Yep, great area. Horrible traffic congestion. Dulles/Tysons/Chantilly isn't all that bad 4 traffic. It's just "nice" but not essential to have everything next to the hotel w/ out having to fight traffic jams.

It's a holiday weekend but dc traffic can still get interesting.

You kind of get immune to the traffic issues after some time in DC (kinda like LA) but people from other areas do notice.

Don't get me wrong, I'm pulling for DC. Haven't been there in a few years and wouldn't mind going back for a visit.

lildevildee

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 Jetta w/6spd manual
Sweeps said:
But you could have a...Most number of laps on a Gallon...challenge :)
Yes but this IS the TDI Club, home of the cheap (frugal?!) How many would then proceed to put their cars in neutral and push the dang things around the laps repeatedly just to post the best MPG? :D

TDI
1998 VW Beetle TDI 5-Speed | 2003 VW Beetle TDI 5-Speed | 2002 VW Beetle TDI Auto
San Francisco, Santa Barbara, Los Angeles or San Diego.
We need TDI Fest to come to California, the home of high emission standards!

tomo366

TDI Lifer, Member #68
TDI
2015 Jetta SEL TDI
You will need to give it more than lip service to get it out there.........:rolleyes:
The west coasters have been whining for years about never having a fest out there........:eek:
No one has stepped up to the plate yet.............

VeeDubTDI

TDI
negativeions24 said:
San Francisco, Santa Barbara, Los Angeles or San Diego.
We need TDI Fest to come to California, the home of high emission standards!
Shall we be expecting your event proposal by the end of October?

tomo366

TDI Lifer, Member #68
TDI
2015 Jetta SEL TDI
VeeDubTDI said:
Shall we be expecting your event proposal by the end of October?
Parties interested in hosting TDIFest 2009, please get a bid in by October 24, 2008. A decision will be made by November 1, 2008;)

TDI
1998 VW Beetle TDI 5-Speed | 2003 VW Beetle TDI 5-Speed | 2002 VW Beetle TDI Auto
I'll work on that proposal. In the meantime, where are all the 'West Coasters'? I can't be the only one to want TDI Fest out here. :cool:

Bora-chiara

Veteran Member
TDI
ALH, BHW, CKRA
I know this probably has little affect on any decision, but lets do it in the west, say UTAH again! I had to miss this year and am VERY eager to attend a TDI fest!!! Given, i'll drive where I need to for the fest....it'd just be fun to do a Salt Flat 130MPH club again, cuz i'd be in!

bhtooefr

TDIClub Enthusiast, ToofTek Inventor
TDI
None
If you want a Fest in your area, don't talk about having a Fest in your area.

Plan a Fest in your area, instead.

Talking doesn't get you a Fest.

Good luck.

VW Derf

Administrator
Staff member
TDI
2010 Blue Graphite Pearl Golf Variant
For those who are working on this and haven't talked to me, please send me note to touch base on the requirements as you work on putting a proposal together.

VW Derf

Administrator
Staff member
TDI
2010 Blue Graphite Pearl Golf Variant
For those who are working on a bid, please touch base with me before the due date to ensure that all bases are covered.

Additionally it turns out I probably won't have enough time during the week of the October 24th to November 1st to properly review proposals, so you are in luck. I've defered the dates by one week so please have the proposals in by November 1st and I'll post an announcement November 7th. I'm looking forward to the proposals and if you have it done by the 24th, don't be shy.:)

VeeDubTDI

TDI
Things have been insane at work this month, but I will have time this week to do some work on our proposal.

garrettp

Former Chip-Monk
TDI
2000 JEDI
Hey Lawson, get a hold of Rene and see if he wants to help out. Heck, he can pay for Fred's room and I can make the awards again :D

Hamsterdiesel

TDIClub Enthusiast , Veteran Member & HO5G CoFound
TDI
1999 Golf IV, Black and now 2015 Reflex Silver Passat SE
VW Derf said:
Parties interested in hosting TDIFest 2009, please get a bid in by October 24, 2008. A decision will be made by November 1, 2008
All I hear are crickets!:eek:

Have there been any submissions yet?

sqhschief

Veteran Member
TDI
2000 Jetta TDi, 1981 Chevrolet LUV Diesel! Non-turbo :(
Come on now, I want to go to this one, I didn't get to attend the last.

VeeDubTDI

TDI
Is anyone else working on proposals for the 09 Fest, or do we win by default?