2 stroke oil in your diesel = smiles?

South Coast Guy

Veteran Member
TDI
2009 Jetta TDI wagon
Planned obsolescence
They: We must keep selling...
We : We must maintain ...
Any moving parts ,no matter what machine is ,need to be lubricated . Injectors and pumps have moving parts .
Conclusion : They need oil . 2T is a cheap but effective solution .Plus we ruin manufacturer plans to raise his car part sells ;) .
Oh, the conspiracy theory. That explains it.

GTiTDi

TDIClub Enthusiast, Macht Schnell! Vendor , w/Busi
3 Spruce st Wareham, gateway to Cape Cod Massachus
TDI
'91 GTI CJAA swap,'02 Jetta wagon ALH swap, '03 GTI 1.8T rally car, '03 Sprinter 3500
You're actually skeptical about whether adding lubricity to diesel fuel makes any difference or not because manufacturers don't specifically recommend it? You are aware of the way manufacturers make their money.. By selling new products, correct? The age of durable manufacturing quality has been long gone unfortunately. Planned obsolescence isn't a conspiracy.

South Coast Guy

Veteran Member
TDI
2009 Jetta TDI wagon
You're actually skeptical about whether adding lubricity to diesel fuel makes any difference or not because manufacturers don't specifically recommend it? You are aware of the way manufacturers make their money.. By selling new products, correct? The age of durable manufacturing quality has been long gone unfortunately. Planned obsolescence isn't a conspiracy.
Again the old saw. Manufacturers build crappy products that will fail so consumers (who are hapless dupes) will buy more of them. However, a few really smart consumers have found a way to mitigate the failure rates.

I think the cars made today are significantly better and longer-lasting than the cars of 20 years ago.

turbovan+tdi

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2003 TDI 2.0L ALH, auto, silver wagon, lowered, Colt stage 2 cam, ported head,205 injectors, 1756 turbo, Malone 2.0, 3" exhaust, 18" BBS RC GLI rims. 2004 blue GSW TDI, 5 speed, lowered, GLI BBS wheels painted black, Malone stage 2, Aerotur
Again the old saw. Manufacturers build crappy products that will fail so consumers (who are hapless dupes) will buy more of them. However, a few really smart consumers have found a way to mitigate the failure rates.
I think the cars made today are significantly better and longer-lasting than the cars of 20 years ago.
Yes and no. Some of today's cars don't last or parts that shouldn't fail too early. Earlier cars had parts that didn't last as long but didn't cost $7000 to repair either, unless you were replacing the engine, trans, diff and maybe the tires, :eek:

New cars have too much crap to break down vs older cars which were simpler and less complex. Get a mouse into a new car and its written off, older car, patch a few wires together and you're off to the races.

VwPassion

Veteran Member
TDI
Polo 1.2 Tdi '13
Theory ?
...:)...

http://www.centennialbulb.org/
1st light bulb still is working 24/7 for the last 100 years. We not have enough technology for make others to last 100 years as the 1st still do ? Better get informed yourself about what is happening around :) .
You think that car manufacturers don't do this ? Think clear . So much tech and our cars last half time than '80s cars . That is enough i guess to make you aware for what is all about .

Edit : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hRLI0yi3kEE
Check that too,it reveal a lot for that .."theory" .

Last edited:

South Coast Guy

Veteran Member
TDI
2009 Jetta TDI wagon
Theory ?

1st light bulb still is working 24/7 for the last 100 years. We not have enough technology for make others to last 100 years as the 1st still do ? Better get informed yourself about what is happening around :) .
You think that car manufacturers don't do this ? Think clear . So much tech and our cars last half time than '80s cars . That is enough i guess to make you aware for what is all about .

Not sure I understand your post. Today's cars offer better fuel economy, less emissions, safer, better rust control, etc. Much of this has come from electronics such as electronic fuel injection and ignition. Would you want to return to the days of carburetors and distributors? Cars I owned in the 70s and 80s had to be tuned up every 12,000 miles. Fuel economy? 20mpg was considered great. By 100K miles of driving they were headed to the junk yard.

turbobrick240

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2011 vw golf tdi(gone to greener pastures), 2001 ford f250 powerstroke
Not sure I understand your post. Today's cars offer better fuel economy, less emissions, safer, better rust control, etc. Much of this has come from electronics such as electronic fuel injection and ignition. Would you want to return to the days of carburetors and distributors? Cars I owned in the 70s and 80s had to be tuned up every 12,000 miles. Fuel economy? 20mpg was considered great. By 100K miles of driving they were headed to the junk yard.
I think you just enjoy being contrarian. Don't use ashless two stroke oil if you see no point. Maybe find a hobby?

VwPassion

Veteran Member
TDI
Polo 1.2 Tdi '13
Which part you not understanding? All the "modern" era that we live is based to planned obsolescence .This include cars too. By referring to 80s ,wanted to say that back there had "stronger" materials vs today s cars .If apply same care to an 80s and a today s car the old one will outperform at longevity the new high-tech one . The reasons are simple enough . Car manufacturers will go home if not sell . So obviously ,main target to car manufacturers is sell sell sell .... Having a lot electronics is not a reason for a car to not last ,this is not valid . They must make them to last a few time and that s why they enforce "warranty" ,for they ensure the progress to their "evil" target ,to control car and engine "wear" .
20mpg ? i thing you got unlucky without kidding . And i know a lot '80s cars that have pass 300k km and still running around .Of course not want to return at that era ,i like the now-cars more but i not want to be a part of a controlled ,timed ,limited use of any of my products i buy ,especially my car .:cool:

turbovan+tdi

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2003 TDI 2.0L ALH, auto, silver wagon, lowered, Colt stage 2 cam, ported head,205 injectors, 1756 turbo, Malone 2.0, 3" exhaust, 18" BBS RC GLI rims. 2004 blue GSW TDI, 5 speed, lowered, GLI BBS wheels painted black, Malone stage 2, Aerotur
Theory ?

Exactly. We were told to go to those twisty ones full of mercury, they don't last anywhere near as long as good old light bulbs.

Some else told me this too, makes sense, all the new bulb technology is cold, meaning no heat produced, so you have to run your heating more. :eek:

Some get better mpg, most get the same, if not worse.

No one said fuel injection is bad but do we need front/side rear camera's, nav systems, computers to steer the car, apply the brakes if you can't drive, park the bloody car-REALLY??? and so much other junk it makes my head spin. Considering the "leaps and bounds" of technology, cars get don't get better mpg. My old 88 Civic got 40 mpg, most newer cars average around 25-30 and cost twice as much if not more.

South Coast Guy

Veteran Member
TDI
2009 Jetta TDI wagon
Exactly. We were told to go to those twisty ones full of mercury, they don't last anywhere near as long as good old light bulbs.
Some else told me this too, makes sense, all the new bulb technology is cold, meaning no heat produced, so you have to run your heating more. :eek:
Some get better mpg, most get the same, if not worse.
No one said fuel injection is bad but do we need front/side rear camera's, nav systems, computers to steer the car, apply the brakes if you can't drive, park the bloody car-REALLY??? and so much other junk it makes my head spin. Considering the "leaps and bounds" of technology, cars get don't get better mpg. My old 88 Civic got 40 mpg, most newer cars average around 25-30 and cost twice as much if not more.
Electronic ignition and fuel injection create more horsepower and less emissions. Your 88 Civic probably had 60hp. The other stuff is safety related. 35,000 people died last year in auto accidents. If we can reduce that by 5,000, that would be enormous. Nav systems? Most of my driving now is a 10 mile radius so I don't need it, but some people drive all day for business and use it all the time.

turbovan+tdi

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Electronic ignition and fuel injection create more horsepower and less emissions. Your 88 Civic probably had 60hp. The other stuff is safety related. 35,000 people died last year in auto accidents. If we can reduce that by 5,000, that would be enormous. Nav systems? Most of my driving now is a 10 mile radius so I don't need it, but some people drive all day for business and use it all the time.
Didn't say they didn't.

As for 35,000 deaths, they'll just find another way to do it. Pretty sure I read a stat where there are more deaths/crash's with all this safety crap than years ago with nothing?

Imagine if no one died except by natural causes? :eek:

BlackCloud

TDI
02 Jetta tdi
Lubricity

In 2002 Epa removed Sulfur (lubricant) from diesel road fuel. Are the Post era Tdi's running with updated hardened internal IP's or not. Anyone have info :confused:

MichaelB

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 Passat SE DSG
In 2002 Epa removed Sulfur (lubricant) from diesel road fuel. Are the Post era Tdi's running with updated hardened internal IP's or not. Anyone have info :confused:
Sulfur is not a lubricant:cool:"One should think before engaging jaw"
The removal of sulfur also removed other aromatics that are lubricants. Those days of high sulfur are now past history just like Tetraethyl lead in gasoline. I feel that water in the diesel fuel is more detrimental to the HPFP, than low lubricity but I can't prove it. Search and read many of Drive By Wire's posts

Last edited:

Mike_04GolfTDI

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Mine: 2019 Golf R DSG, Wife's: 2015 Golf Comfortline TDI
Didn't say they didn't.
As for 35,000 deaths, they'll just find another way to do it. Pretty sure I read a stat where there are more deaths/crash's with all this safety crap than years ago with nothing?
Imagine if no one died except by natural causes? :eek:
Wasn't there some comedian who said cars would be safer if they just put a big spike sticking out of the steering wheel instead of an airbag?

People would drive very carefully...hehe

mr_y82

Veteran Member
TDI
Used to have... '11 Golf, 6-spd, 2-door
^Jeremy Clarkson made a joke about metal spike, coming from the steering wheel, in his early 2000s "Clarkson's Car Years" series... Cheers!

BlackCloud

TDI
02 Jetta tdi
Sulfur enhanced lubricity was what I meant :cool:. The main component lost when ULSF was introduced. While it's not considered a lubricant per say it did help keep IP's and Diesel wear items from doing just that.

turbovan+tdi

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Wasn't there some comedian who said cars would be safer if they just put a big spike sticking out of the steering wheel instead of an airbag?
People would drive very carefully...hehe
I've heard that before, :cool:

neoborn

Veteran Member
TDI
MKIV TDI Golf
So apparently Bio Diesel is available in Owen Sound somewhere...and I guess there are different grades kind of like gas regular and premium and so depending on the grade how much would I want to add to a tank per fill (55 Litres)?

tikal

Veteran Member
TDI
2004 Passat Wagon (chainless + 5 MT + GDE tune)
So apparently Bio Diesel is available in Owen Sound somewhere...and I guess there are different grades kind of like gas regular and premium and so depending on the grade how much would I want to add to a tank per fill (55 Litres)?
Around 1.25 liters give or take.

DieselCologne

TDI
1998 Jetta 2012 Sportwagen
I am now fully one year into the TC-W3 / PS Silver regimen. 1/2 oz. TC-W3 and 1/2 oz. PS Silver per gallon. SS 50 cetane exclusively.

As of Nov 26, 2016 I have owned my 1998 AHU Jetta for 19 years as sole owner. That is a long time. I always kept up on all maintenance (a slip there or two) and did a full "refresh" last Fall. Look up "Matilda" on this forum/thread... Everything works perfectly, as new. Finest car I have ever owned.

I'd say the TC-W3 / PS Silver regimen of 1/2 oz. TC-W3 and 1/2 oz. PS Silver per gallon combined with SS 50 cetane is helping it keep healthy. Runs strong and I still get 32+ city/50+ Highway MPG.

Best fuel mixture I have run, hands down.

Your opinion may vary...

DieselCologne

TDI
1998 Jetta 2012 Sportwagen
Up from the dead...

Two more years have passed, three+ years total since I began using the TC-W3 / PS Silver regimen in my AHU.

1/2 oz. TC-W3 and 1/2 oz. PS Silver per gallon with SS 50 cetane exclusively. I have been fastidious in keeping this up with every fuel fill for over three years now.

Only four more years to qualifying for an "Antique/Vintage" license plate. Strong rust-free body and my fuel blend, we got this hands down.

In fact, I am gonna treat Matilda to some fancy new seat covers and a dash carpet.

Last edited: