2 stroke oil in your diesel = smiles?

Bob_Fout

Oil Wanker
TDI
2003 Jetta - Alaska Green (sold) / 2015 GTI 2.0T
You guys running 2-stroke + powerservice might have negated the deposit issue.

Abacus

That helpful B4 guy
TDI
Only the B4V left
That would explain why my pistons and head were so clean. I expected some significant buildup from long term use of the 2 cycle oil and was amazed to see it so clean.

Marc_TDI

Veteran Member
TDI
2010 Jetta TDI
2% REG SoyPower biodiesel
HFRR 221, 415 micron improvement.
50:1 ratio of baseline fuel to 100% biodiesel
66.56 oz. of 100% biodiesel per 26 gallons of diesel fuel
Price: market value

2)Opti-Lube XPD
Multi-purpose + anti-gel
cetane improver, demulsifier
HFRR 317, 319 micron improvement.
256:1 ratio
13 oz/tank
$4.35/tank

I'm going to assume for #2 your using 26 gallons of diesel....I also use Opti-lube but might change to case #1 using B100....

So if I wanted to use B100 in my 14.5 gal tank Jetta, what would the ratio be?

Say 33-35 oz of B100 per tank then?

kydsid

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 Passat
[I'm going to assume for #2 your using 26 gallons of diesel....I also use Opti-lube but might change to case #1 using B100....
yes 26 gallong tank per Spicer report.

If you look closely at Herm's post there is a link to the Spicer report. He is just quoting what the Spicer report said.

Also, if you look Spicer also used the winter ratio for Optilube XPD which is double the suggested summer ratio.

Herm TDI

Vendor
Richmond, Maine...The far side of Witsend
TDI
2002 Golf GLS Malone Stage 3, P+520 nozzles, 11MM Inj pump, Sachs VR6 clutch, Stelth Race Pipe, Immo Deleat, EGR Deleat
2% REG SoyPower biodiesel
HFRR 221, 415 micron improvement.
50:1 ratio of baseline fuel to 100% biodiesel
66.56 oz. of 100% biodiesel per 26 gallons of diesel fuel
Price: market value

So if I wanted to use B100 in my 14.5 gal tank Jetta, what would the ratio be?

Say 33-35 oz of B100 per tank then?
A 50:1 ratio is the quoted spec
66.5 Oz to 26 Gal #2 = 50:1
33.26 Oz to 13 Gal #2 = 50:1

Based upon that scenario run one (1) full Qt. of your favorite Bio to a full tank of #2 and you'll be "in the ball park".
Do the fuel vent modification, your tank capacity will be near 16 Gal.

My comment in no way is to be interpetated as recommending the use of bio-fuel in any ratio.

Last edited:

sc00byd00311

Veteran Member
TDI
04 Jetta (Zubie)
Wow, i just keep getting my eyes ripped open wider the longer I read on here. Thanks to Seatman for the OP, HermTDI for his awesome info, Abacus for his detailed history of use and everyone else who has verified that this may result in positive use.

Herm TDI

Vendor
Richmond, Maine...The far side of Witsend
TDI
2002 Golf GLS Malone Stage 3, P+520 nozzles, 11MM Inj pump, Sachs VR6 clutch, Stelth Race Pipe, Immo Deleat, EGR Deleat
5% bio is allowable under warranty

You are your own warranty...I'm not.
I do not want anyone to read or mis-read something that was "posted on the internet" and then come back here moaning & groaning when something goes wrong with their engine.

The only thing that I'm saying is: ashless 2-cycle oil used at a 50:1 ratio is a very effective diesel fuel additive that improves both lubrisity and increases the level of aromatics. Aromatics were lowered with the advent of ULSD.
Other additives are proven to improve lubrisity but have little effect on increasing the level of aromatics of #2 fuel.

Last edited:

Marc_TDI

Veteran Member
TDI
2010 Jetta TDI
Thanks to all for the great info!

I found a biodiesel seller close by in Arlington, TX
current rate is $3.15/gal for B99 so I'll be going with that as an alternative to Opt-lube.
Opt-lube I have no doubt is a good product but I want to cut some costs.

I called the seller and had a nice chat with him, he told me he has a number of Jetta TDI customers, some are running higher that B5, which is fine for older models, but not mine.
He also said there were some folks running B20 and higher on 2009-2012's...yes you can...but...it runs the risk of diluting the engine oil and clogging the DPF.

Also....I'll have to look over the guides here on the Forum...didn't know I could do a ventectomy on a 2010 Jetta.

Last edited:

WutGas?

Veteran Member
TDI
The Last Real Jetta Sedan
He knows that. He is just stating that whatever he says is what he says. He isn't recommending anything (the use of bio or not), he is just giving information. It is up to the owner of their car to decide what they put in their fuel tanks.

dieselfuel

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Jetta TDI
The only thing that I'm saying is: ashless 2-cycle oil used at a 50:1 ratio is a very effective diesel fuel additive that improves both lubrisity and increases the level of aromatics.
Is that correct? Or should it read "bio-diesel" instead of 2-cycle ashless oil? Or should it read 300:1 instead of 50:1?

Seems like ashless 2 cycle oil at a 50:1 ratio is way too high.

df

Abacus

That helpful B4 guy
TDI
Only the B4V left
I would think 50:1 is too high as well. The Spicer report lists 2 cycle oil at 200:1 and I'm sure Herm just had a Monday moment, easy to do with all the ratios floating around.

I run about 140:1 on mine and it seems to work just fine, but I did just increase it to 190:1 so the 2 cycle oil and PS fit in the same bottle for easier delivery. Doesn't seem to make a difference right now, but we'll see in another 200,000 miles.

Last edited:

Seatman

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2014 Skoda rapid elegance 1.6 cr tdi
Right the last couple of times I've put fuel in I haven't put any 2 stroke in. So far I've noticed the engine is that little bit noisier again but I can't decide if the car has a little bit more of an edge to the power or not. Need to keep testing.

TriviaSteve

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Jetta GLS Wagon, 550K miles, 2015 Golf Sportwagen TDI S, 100K miles and a 65 beetle
newbie question...

just got my 2003 JSW TDI. This is my first diesel, and I've been reading a lot and trying to learn as much as I can.
I've seen a lot about additives, and crazy variations on ratios. One guy putting 14 oz. of 2 cycle and another guy using 1 oz.
I'm putting 5 oz PS (white) in with mine (14.7 gal), but after reading this and looking at the Spicer report, I'm thinking I want to put a quart of B100 in to each tank as well.
Question for the veterans... should I add 2 cycle as well? If I'm adding 5 oz PS white and 1 qt of B100, is it necessary or helpful to add 2 cycle as well? Or would I just be wasting money? I'd really like to see my JSW go for at least 500K miles...

Scratcher

Veteran Member
TDI
2004 TDI BEW Wagon
just got my 2003 JSW TDI. This is my first diesel, and I've been reading a lot and trying to learn as much as I can.
I've seen a lot about additives, and crazy variations on ratios. One guy putting 14 oz. of 2 cycle and another guy using 1 oz.
I'm putting 5 oz PS (white) in with mine (14.7 gal), but after reading this and looking at the Spicer report, I'm thinking I want to put a quart of B100 in to each tank as well.
Question for the veterans... should I add 2 cycle as well? If I'm adding 5 oz PS white and 1 qt of B100, is it necessary or helpful to add 2 cycle as well? Or would I just be wasting money? I'd really like to see my JSW go for at least 500K miles...
5% to 20% Bio diesel will be enough. 2% Bio came out on top in the Spicer report.

When I had my last filter change at the dealership I asked to come into the shop to look at my fuel filter. The tech who was working on my vehicle told me I had the best quality diesel he had seen in any TDI he had worked on.

I add PS (white bottle) in Winter. Probably not required but it gives me peace of mind

Last edited:

Scratcher

Veteran Member
TDI
2004 TDI BEW Wagon
Right the last couple of times I've put fuel in I haven't put any 2 stroke in. So far I've noticed the engine is that little bit noisier again but I can't decide if the car has a little bit more of an edge to the power or not. Need to keep testing.
I notice quite a reduction in combustion noise in my truck when I use 2 Stroke. I add about 16ozs per fill up

str8t six

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 GLS TDI
ok, so i want to try this. i went and bought a 16oz bottle of the super tech TCW-3, what ratio are yall using it in? the bottle only does 50:1 for 6 gallons of fuel.

what would the ratio be if i add all 16oz to a full tank?

Bob_Fout

Oil Wanker
TDI
2003 Jetta - Alaska Green (sold) / 2015 GTI 2.0T
Straight 6, 128:1 ratio of fuel to additive. (2048 / 16)