WTB: ALH white beetle

Schuttsr1

TDI
2001 Golf, 2003 Wagon, 2003 Jetta
Hello,
I’m looking for a white, 5 speed, alh beetle. I’m not to concerned with mileage and won’t mind if it needs a little mechanical work. Let me know what you have and what your looking for.
Thank you!

dweisel

Top Post Dawg
TDI
dweisel isn't diesel anymore!
White beetle

Hello,
I’m looking for a white, 5 speed, alh beetle. I’m not to concerned with mileage and won’t mind if it needs a little mechanical work. Let me know what you have and what your looking for.
Thank you!
I actually have a WHITE 2001 tdi from FL with 78k miles on it,stored away in my BEETLE BARN. I'm not parting with it..........unless the money was crazy high.
I'll keep my eyes open for another white one for you.

dweisel

Last edited:

PB_NB

Veteran Member
TDI
1999 New Beetle
I was going to say "dweisel" but that's already out there!

I saw a 2005 Light green DSG with 320km (~200k Miles) that needs a cam (BEW issues) for a mere $1,500 CAD or about $16 bucks US (based on current exchange rates).

Not suggesting that you travel all the way to Vancouver to get a car that needs a cam but the deals are out there if you keep looking!

dweisel

Top Post Dawg
TDI
I was going to say "dweisel" but that's already out there!

I saw a 2005 Light green DSG with 320km (~200k Miles) that needs a cam (BEW issues) for a mere $1,500 CAD or about $16 bucks US (based on current exchange rates).

Not suggesting that you travel all the way to Vancouver to get a car that needs a cam but the deals are out there if you keep looking!
LOL. I have the help of a couple of members here that feed my obsession. They are an invaluable aid to me at finding Beetles.

For some reason WHITE tdi 5speeds are not very common.

I'm ALWAYS on the hunt!

dweisel

Last edited:

Schuttsr1

TDI
I found you one. Personally I think it's way over priced at $2600.00 and 220k miles. BUT, that's your decision.

Thank you. I did call on that car a couple of days ago. It also has a cracked windshield, bad headliner, and no timing belt history. I did offer him blue book at 1700 given the mileage and condition but he believes it’s priced to low already.

dweisel

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Thank you. I did call on that car a couple of days ago. It also has a cracked windshield, bad headliner, and no timing belt history. I did offer him blue book at 1700 given the mileage and condition but he believes it’s priced to low already.
Yeah, he's not anywhere near being in touch with reality. It needs a lot done to it to make it right.

With just needing a tb puts it as too costly to fix at his asking price.

Good luck with the hunt. I'll keep my eyes open.

dweisel

bizzle

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 GSW SEL (totaled), 2013 Touareg Executive
I have a white '98 that I just garaged but I'd be asking closer to $4k for it.

I have service records going back to the original owner (I'm the 3rd, 2nd owner bought it but didn't drive it much). Originally a Florida car. I've since put a southbend stage II clutch, malone custom tune, Konis, new windshield w/ all windows (inc. windshield) tinted with Llumar Air80, and a front mounted intercooler. It has a custom stereo with materials costing nearly as much as the car...I'd be willing to leave the speakers in and just keep the amps or work something out we both can live with.

dweisel

Top Post Dawg
TDI

I have service records going back to the original owner (I'm the 3rd, 2nd owner bought it but didn't drive it much). Originally a Florida car. I've since put a southbend stage II clutch, malone custom tune, Konis, new windshield w/ all windows (inc. windshield) tinted with Llumar Air80, and a front mounted intercooler. It has a custom stereo with materials costing nearly as much as the car...I'd be willing to leave the speakers in and just keep the amps or work something out we both can live with.

It's tough to buy a car from any seller that values the vehicle beyond what it's worth to the average buyer, unless the buyer really wants it bad.

dweisel

sackman

Veteran Member
TDI
2(2003) 2Dr ARL/ASV
OldPoopie has a White Beetle 5speed, he was planning on selling at some point.

dweisel

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Here's another one for you. 2000 Beetle 5speed. Pretty high miles at 269k. Priced at $2800.00
You're also going to have to travel south to get it.

Last edited:

Schuttsr1

TDI

It sounds like a nice car but I’m looking for something that’s close to stock. I drive 180 miles round trip to school each day so it’s sitting at highway speed most the time.

Schuttsr1

TDI
Here's another one for you. 2000 Beetle 5speed. Pretty high miles at 269k. Priced at $2800.00
You're also going to have to travel south to get it.

Hey! Thanks again. That one does appear to be in much better shape. Crazy how much people want for for some of these cars with high miles.
I’m not afraid to travel.

Tdijarhead

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2003 TDI Jetta Daughters Car, 2001 TDI Beetle, Wife’s car, 2005 Golf TDI Mine, all 5 spds
There's even a basket on top for books. Do kids even carry books anymore?