93 Toyota pickup with 03 alh swap

Tdiyotta

TDI
1.9 tdi alh
I have a thread that i was using in the earlier stages of the swap but it is in the wrong place and im not sure if it is still being viewed so i wanted to create a new thread in the right spot and with my current problems. this is copied form the other thread and i will also add the link to that thread so you can see where i started.

Post from other thread:

So i figured out the boost problem, it turns out that the n75 was going bad because eventually it just gave up the ghost and stopped working all together and when i replaced it i stopped having the cutout of boost. but now i have very bad boost surge but right now im more concerned about getting the glow plugs to work i always had the glow plug code bit i just assumed it was from not having a light hooked up but with the cold winter i pa we are having it is very apparent that they are not turning on at all. the code i am getting is p1619 i have checked all the grounds and they are getting a Good connection and i have the control power the one thing that confuses me is i am getting battery voltage coming from the ecm to the relay for the signal wire. i have the 9 pin relay and any info i have found on the glow plug relays is for the 7 pin but i did find the signal wire for the 7 pin should be 5 volts so if the 9 pin is also 5 volts and the ecm is outputting battery voltage could that be the problem? I have checked the glow plus and when i first ohm'd them out they all read 0 ohms? so i removed one and hooked it up to the battery and it worked and then i checked it again and it read 0.9 and as it cooled off it went back down to 0? But any help with why the relay is not triggering the glow plus would be great!! and PS i hooked up a glow plug light yesterday and with the coolant temp sensor unhooked it lights for 30 second right and i turn on the key and then flashes.

Link to other thread: http://forums.tdiclub.com/showthread.php?t=481410

Motohead1

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 bug+telephone pole
On your glow plugs. Make sure your harness is good. Actually best to make your own. Tuner can write code in to use the older style simple relay. Or do what I prefer and just hook up a momentary switch and a cheap 40amp 5 pin relay and ignore the code.

Tdiyotta

TDI
1.9 tdi alh
I believe the code is also throwing it into limp mode because 5the gear with the pedal to the floor it will only rev to 2700 rpm and only go about 60mph. I want to try to use the stock setup as much as I can.