2003 Jetta Wagon GLS TDI w/manual FS for parts

rockonmuchlove

TDI
1996 Passat Wagon
SOLD

For those who are interested, the car was sold for $1500.

Hi folks,

My wagon bit the dust over the New Years weekend. The serpentine belt tore and was sucked behind the crank pulley, got under the timing belt, and toasted the engine. The car has ~398k miles on it, and the engine has ~260k miles on it. The car is currently located at PD Autowerks in Winchester, Virginia.

Details:

Reflex silver exterior
Gray leather interior
Upgraded turbo at ~260k on chassis
Upgraded injectors at ~260k on chassis
Euro towing springs at ~260k on chassis
VR6 front springs at ~260k on chassis
Injection pump - no problems
Upgraded downpipe at ~260k on chassis
Michelin LRR tires - good condition
Pioneer AVIC-X920BT head unit
Kicker component front and rear speakers
Kicker 0AWG wiring kit
Kicker 4 channel z series amp

Hopefully someone will be interested in this car as a parts car. Asking $1500 OBO. Thanks for looking.

EDIT: January 10, 2018

Here are some additional details and photos of the car:

I'm in the process of collecting all of my records related to the wagon. I purchased it in North Carolina in 2008 with 218,000 miles on it. Scott Krout (trusted TDI mechanic) did a lot of the maintenance on the car, and I did things like oil changes (always used Shell Rotella T as far as I can remember). Around 260,000 miles I had a labyrinth seal fail on the original turbo and the engine ran away. The pistons and inside of the cylinders melted so that engine was trashed. Scott found a used engine with ~120,000 miles on it, and he rebuilt the car with that as a base. From there, I recall adding a VNT17 turbo, PP520 injectors, a Malone tune, an upgraded downpipe, and other upgrades to the car. The intercooler was replaced at one point due to the typical wear and leak. The suspension was upgraded with VR6 front springs, Euro rear wagon towing springs, and Koni oranges on all four corners. More details to come soon.

Here's a link to the photo album:

https://flic.kr/s/aHsmaTSyAV

Last edited:

Mike in Anchorage

Veteran Member
TDI
2016 Touareg Lux, 2015 Golf Sportwagen SE, new 4 Sept 2017;2009 VW Jetta TDI Sportwagen (Ruby) sold to VW on 22 SEP 2017
I'm sure someone on this forum will find this interesting. Pics would really help - outside and inside. Good luck with the sale.

rockonmuchlove

TDI
1996 Passat Wagon
Pics incoming - I am located in Gloucester Point and the car is four hours away in Winchester, but I will be out there tomorrow so I will take some pics and upload them. Thanks for the words of encouragement!

rockonmuchlove

TDI
1996 Passat Wagon
PMs replied, link to Flickr album added. Please let me know if you have trouble accessing the photos at the album - I don't know why the photos aren't showing up in the thread, but I'll continue to troubleshoot it.

Nuje

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Sportwagen; Golf GLS 2002 (swap from 2L gas); 2016 A3 e-tron
GLWS - too bad about the car.
(Crappy weather here today, so helping a brother out with some thumbnails from your flickr photos - for prospective buyers: much higher res photos on the flickr feed

Last edited: