Iphone 4 new update bluetooth issues

SRT4Johnny

TDI
2010 Golf TDI White 4 door 6 speed
I got the new update that added Gamecenter, I go into settings and it shows the phone connected as Iphone VW but it doesn't make or receive calls. It worked perfectly fine before this update. I had problems with this before right when I got the iphone 4 in june and here it is again with the new update.

Curious if anyone else is having problems

herbert68

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Passat TDI SEL Premium, 2010 Jetta TDI Sedan. Both bought back by VW on 12/06/2016
Some people reported that they had to delete the pairing on their phone and re-pair to resolve this issue. Good luck!

away

TDI
'11 TDI
Also, Iphone4/bluetooth related but is there a way to make the phone audibly alert to emails/SMS messages when connected via bluetooth to the car? It currently does not...

It doesn't however bring up a prompt on the radio screen asking if I want to connect bluetooth audio whenever I get an alert or touch a button on the phone. So I guess that's one way to tell I've received something. I'd still prefer the audible tone though.

brenodo

TDI
2010 Jetta SportWagen TDI
my iPhone 4 has had no issues since the update and still pairs and works perfectly with the 9w7 in my 2010 SportWagen. The email and sms alert tones I have assigned still "chime" but not thru BT, only on the phone itself. The only time I got any pop up on my radio display was when I first set up BT Audio, never since, it just pairs and works when called upon.

I did upgrade form 9w2 to 9w7 and it's been working perfectly for me. Interesting...

away

TDI
'11 TDI
Oddly enough, after updating to the newest Iphone4 software, my phone no longer gives the "connect bluetooth audio" message and also now gives audible alerts through the phone like normal.
Go figure...