Salvage Title 2013 Jetta and Fix

flashmayo

Veteran Member
TDI
'03 Jetta - Gator Tuned
Hi,

Just wondering if VW will perform the dieselgate upgrades or fix to a 2013 Jetta that has not had them done and has a salvage title. (At VW's cost of course)

Some of these gen1 TDIs are looking appealing to me now.

--John

Lightflyer1

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Beetle tdi dsg
Find and read the document (posted here numerous times) and is pretty easy to find. IIRC they are required to do the fix, on their dime, to any car presented to them that is licensed, registered and drive-able. You get no money for it though and maybe little if any warranty due to salvage status. But read the document.

lvrpl

TDI
Passat TDI
Find and read the document (posted here numerous times) and is pretty easy to find. IIRC they are required to do the fix, on their dime, to any car presented to them that is licensed, registered and drive-able. You get no money for it though and maybe little if any warranty due to salvage status. But read the document.
Supposedly a salvage title will also get the warranty after it has the fix done (regardless of whether the car was returned/fixed for money during the settlement process or fixed by VW after), according to class counsel. But I don't know if dealerships will see it that way and if VWoA will voluntarily follow that.

Lightflyer1

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Beetle tdi dsg
I understand, but the document is the only thing you have to stand on so you might as well be up to speed with it before going in. You may be quoting it verse by verse, so to speak, when discussing it with them.