Anyone successful in getting a revised offer from VW? My Touareg offer is low...

silverfstop

TDI
Currently shopping
I have a 2010 Touareg TDi - absolutely loaded to the gills. Lux Limited, Air Suspension, Premium Tech Package, Tow, etc etc etc. Being conservative, these options added at nearly $15k to the purchase price. For the sense of simplicity, let's call my model of Touareg "Trim C".

If you look in the settlement offer, Trim A and Trim B are extensively documented. Trim C isn't mentioned. Trim C includes features and options so rare that they were not even listed in the MY2010 brochure. From speaking with an authority on the matter, only about 200 examples of Trim C were made in 2010 (versus thousands and thousands of A and B).

I've been playing the waiting game with the settlement people for over 18 months. I've written to request a revision and they're stalling. The best "offer" has been "return the car, and if we decide you have a legitimate claim we will adjust your offer at a later date". Bull****. They have zero incentive to do anything of the sort once they have the vehicle.

So, with that all having been said - has anyone been successful in requesting and receiving a revised settlement offer? If so, who did you speak with and how was the process handled? Thanks.

drsven

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Jetta TDI 6-Speed
My understanding is that you would have needed to opt out of the class and file your own lawsuit. Otherwise, you had agreed to the terms outlined in the class settlement which included vehicle buyback amounts.

GoFaster

Moderator at Large
TDI
2006 Jetta TDI
Yup, and the deadline for opting out has long since passed. It's take it or leave it at this point.

Bear in mind that the absolute deadline for the 2.0 litre has already passed. I think the 3.0 settlement had a little bit of extra time, but you had better make that take it or leave it decision soon.

TDIforDays

Veteran Member
TDI
few of each 2.0 and 3.0
No, I have never heard of anyone doing that. Just like I have some Q7s that are absolutely loaded and they get pretty much some amount as base car with same year and mileage.

D-Cup

Veteran Member
TDI
2010 Jetta TDI Cup Edition, 2003 Jetta GLS, 2000 Jetta GLS, 2012 JSW
The compensation is (allegedly) for the decreased value of the cheating parts.
The extra options we chose to pay for weren’t cheating, so why would we get compensated for those bits?
I’d take the offered money and smile. Keep the car if you want. Then you can sell later and try to get what you think you should.