2010 Golf TDI - What are the allowable wheel and tire sizes

snowland

TDI
Golf, 4 door, cold weather
Wondering what wheel and tire sizes will fit on a Golf TDI 2010? I realize that, in the USA, 17" is standard, 18" is optional, and in Canada, it appears that the only wheel size available from a dealer is 16". Can a US version accept a 16"? A 15"? How about a 19" wheel?
And I have the same sort of question for tires - what is the range of sizing of tires that can fit (at least on a stock 17" wheel)?
And lastly, I'm wondering if other year/models of Golfs or TDIs can interchanged... Partly I'm asking because I'm curious, partly because I'm parsimonious and am always looking for cheaper alternatives, and partly because I'd like to put a higher profile tire on my stock 17" wheels.
Sorry if this has been answered elsewhere, but I couldn't find it.
Thanks!

Slo.Mo.Shun

Veteran Member
TDI
MKVI Jetta Sportwagen
You can go from 16-19 inch wheels if you like, but only in a 5x112 bolt pattern. 5x114.3 if you would not mind using wobble bolts.

By higher profile you mean bigger sidewall ?

snowland

TDI
Golf, 4 door, cold weather
Yes, I do mean higher side walls, sorry I'm not a tire expert. I figure the loss in handling may be worth the gain in clearance (lots of dirt roads and snow around here) and in not losing tires should I hit potholes, etc. I have numerous friends that have lost multiple tires from hitting things with the short sidewall tires that are stock.

I'm also curious, why the 16" size in Canada? What's the reasoning?

Derrel H Green

Top Post Dawg
TDI
An '05 MBZ E-320 CDI (W-211) replaced the '10 TDI JSW
Try These

:)

Assuming that there are the same clearances on a Golf as there is on the JSW,
I have 205/65-16s on mine and there are no problems whatsoever! :cool:

:D