DEF guage cluster ecu communication?

wes2233

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 Jetta Tdi, 2005 Tdi Jetta Wagon
Hey guys! yet again having trouble with my tdi.... What i wanted to see is if you guys could maybe help me out. I have a 2002 ALH tdi jetta and the guage cluster went DEF a couple months back. I got an immobilizer delete and that got the car driveable. everything worked on it but i had no guages. So i went to the junkyard and got a cluster out of another jetta. i plugged it in and i now i have no check engine light a flashing abs and brake light. Also an oil light and now my windows dont work! I plugged in with my buddies vcds cable and he wasnt able to read the central convienience module, ECU, or the ABS module. What could cause this? the car runs just fine. all the guages work but the rpm guage.

ALL HELP IS EXTREMLY APPRECIATED! im into this car for way to much money.

turbocharged798

Veteran Member
TDI
99.5 black ALH Jetta;09 Gasser Jetta
DEF displayed in the cluster means internal ROM issue. It could leave you stranded if the immobiliser side of it craps out.

Mongler98

Top Post Dawg
TDI
98 Jetta TDI AHU 1.9L (944 TDI swap in progress) I moved so now i got nothing but an AHU in a garage on a pallet.
confusing acronym used here. in the TDI world DEF now means Diesel exhaust fluid, just say fubar or something.