Foglight wiring: OEM-style

tongsli

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2000 Jetta TDI, 2004, Jetta Wagon TDI PD
Oh Sorry, I forgot about the fogs. I'll post pictures tonight. Last night was the Freddie Gray verdict and I was otherwise preoccupied.

tongsli

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2000 Jetta TDI, 2004, Jetta Wagon TDI PD
These are very high quality, IMO. The plastic is not as hard as the original Hella version but they are stronger than the OEM quality grills.

The housings appear to be aluminum and the lenses look very good. I'm not sure what type of bulb this is but it's a Philips (Germany) 12v bulb.

For the price, and considering you cannot buy Hella Micro-DE's any longer these are a good option.

H1 style bulb

Sturdy clips, just like the Hellas

Back cover is a hard plastic with two vent holes
Looks Like an H1 type bulb. I bet it would be very easy to change these to HID. The back is a very hard plastic that uses 4 screws to attach to the housing.

Last edited:

ConvergenceFreak

TDI
2002 Jetta Wagon GLS w/ 5-speed swap
Hi tongsli, I bought a set of these off my mechanic and installed them recently. They use a H1 bulb. He bought them off someone on a forum, so said he doesn't know the source. Mine came fitted with 55w bulbs, what about yours? Do you know if the H1 100w bulbs which are ca. 1 cm longer would fit and project correctly? *I bet* the 100w bulbs would be suitable for off road use only.

RexNICO

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 Tiguan, 2011 Q7
Hi tongsli, I bought a set of these off my mechanic and installed them recently. They use a H1 bulb. He bought them off someone on a forum, so said he doesn't know the source. Mine came fitted with 55w bulbs, what about yours? Do you know if the H1 100w bulbs which are ca. 1 cm longer would fit and project correctly? *I bet* the 100w bulbs would be suitable for off road use only.
Can't speak to "fit", but be careful of temp issues. I found some interesting information on a few different "lighting" oriented message boards.

It was enough to dissuade me.