hard date for gen 3 phase 2 fix?

unique_name

TDI
2012 jetta 6sp (sold back with 151k miles) 2015 jetta sel 6sp (purchased with 15k miles)
2015 cpo jetta sel 6m 53k bought with phase1 complete. took the car to the dealer for an oil change. of course he asks about doing phase 2. i tell him it's in the future sometime. he tells me he's pretty sure there are hard dates for having it done but he's not sure when they are. i do remember a lengthy discussion here about waiting for the upper mileage limit but nothing about a date. is there now a date i need to complete phase 2 by?

thanks

Chiroman

TDI
'15 GSW, '05 Jetta PD
There has never been a hard date by which phase 2 of the gen 3's needs to be completed. The emissions recall should not have an expiry date, just like any other open recall on a vehicle.
When I called my dealer to inquire about the gen 3 phase 2, they also stated that I should not wait to long to get phase 2 as VW may discontinue the emissions mod offer, but did not know when.
None of the information in the court documents or the letters sent by VW say anything about the mod being completed by a certain date. But VW seems to be doing whatever they want these days, so who knows.

GoFaster

Moderator at Large
TDI
2006 Jetta TDI
There may not be a date by which it needs to be completed, but there may be a date beyond which you don't get any financial compensation for having it done. I don't know what that date would be, but I'd be inclined to get the paperwork submitted now if not sooner and getting it done pronto, preferably before year end.

TDI_Dan

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 GSW 6M MKVII, 2011 Golf TDI 6M (bought back)
So there is a phase two available? I just picked up an MKVII sportwagen with just phase one completed. It's just under the 40k service which I planned to do myself with an ID parts kit. I guess I need to scour the boards and schedule an appointment.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk