Disgusted with VW.

TomB

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Audi TDI Prestige Sport
I can't speak for the Passat but our Jetta wagon definitely has black carpets on the floor and a beige interior. I would think that they'd set up the Passat the same way but maybe not.
Wow! This thread has taken on quite the life of its own, since I was just venting my frustration with the lack of customer service from VV North America. :D

Nope, the colors I saw were beige interior, beige flooring too.

BTW, I am sticking it out.

They are having part supplier issues from what I hear. The question is, where are these parts coming from? China? What about the German built cars do they get parts from Germany/Europe or elsewhere?

Anyone know?

bhtooefr

TDIClub Enthusiast, ToofTek Inventor
TDI
None
All the cars get parts from all over the world.

TDI engines have historically come from Germany and Poland, gas engines are also made in Mexico.

There are German, Polish, Japanese, and, yes, Chinese parts on, IIRC, nearly every modern VW - including the German ones.

JettaTDiPA

Veteran Member
TDI
Owned 2011 JSW DSG for 16mo.
Wow- what a tirade about a car-
If you want a VW, you are going to have to play by their rules. Getting pissed and moaning in a forum ain't gonna change a thing.
It is your money, it is still their rules
VW has been known for poor customer service for a good many years- is this a case of doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results...
Personally I wouldn't have a stroke over it, go buy something else, it's just a car.

740GLE

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Passat SEL, 2017 Alltrack SE; BB 2010 Sedan Man; 2012 Passat,
All the cars get parts from all over the world.

TDI engines have historically come from Germany and Poland, gas engines are also made in Mexico.

There are German, Polish, Japanese, and, yes, Chinese parts on, IIRC, nearly every modern VW - including the German ones.
I thought the powerplants of the CR slated for N/A are coming from a Hungarian source? I remember someone posting the different engine plants and output VW had all over the world. I could be wrong.

MyAvocation

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2017 Passat SEL TSI
Although my understanding was that the NCC wasn't meant to be a production model, it was meant as a showcase of the Mk6 Jetta design without actually showing a Mk6 Jetta.
Actually, VW was very clear about bringing the NCC to market in 2012 as a performance oriented gas-electric hybrid. Then they fell silent.

Dismayed

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 Passat SEL-Premium TDI
I wish that my car could be delivered quickly, but the reality is that there's more demand than supply right now. So I'm renting a car from Hertz until my VW arrives. The monthly rate isn't all that bad.

hammersmith

TDI
2012 passat sel tdi
passat tdi production

read a news article saying vw misanticipated the demand by 50%.

Dismayed

Veteran Member
TDI
read a news article saying vw misanticipated the demand by 50%.
That's why I'm renting while I await delivery of my car. I was traveling 5 days/week for the last few years. But now I'm home and we need a second car.

Last edited:

danielpd

TDI
12 passat TDI SEL
I ordered my car 9/3/11 and was told 6 to 8 weeks it is 12/31/11 and car still has not been delivered. I called customer care and they checked in to the status of my car it should be delivered 1/16/12 and I stopped by dealer and they checked on the card and said that it was on train and should be unloaded in mass 1/3/12 and hope to have it on the lot by 1/6/12. I have called customer car a few timed and they are work to keep customers happy I have though about canceling the order twice not but I waited this long I my as well hold out.

Dan.

Dismayed

Veteran Member
TDI
I ordered my car 9/3/11 and was told 6 to 8 weeks it is 12/31/11 and car still has not been delivered. I called customer care and they checked in to the status of my car it should be delivered 1/16/12 and I stopped by dealer and they checked on the card and said that it was on train and should be unloaded in mass 1/3/12 and hope to have it on the lot by 1/6/12. I have called customer car a few timed and they are work to keep customers happy I have though about canceling the order twice not but I waited this long I my as well hold out.

Dan.
I was told 6 -8 weeks, too. Bu that was the pre-deposit estimate. Two weeks after my deposit was placed, the dealer extended the estimate to 12 - 14 weeks.

oilhammer

Certified Volkswagen Nut & Vendor
TDI
There are just too many to list....
One of the local dealers says that they have "quite a few" new B7 TDIs on the lot. Suntrup VW.

eyetdiman

Veteran Member
TDI
'04 Passat TDI Sedan
We do not live in a culture that values patience, but that doesn't mean we have to remain in it's web of immediate gratification.

The rewards of exercising patience can be very amazing.

In this situation, one has been given this very opportunity!!

(Maybe VW actually planned it to be this way?)

tdiatlast

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2009 Sportwagen (boughtback); 2014 Passat TDI SEL (boughtback)
...careful, eyetdiman...these folks have been waiting a LONG time, have been given so much conflicting info, or NO info, that they're really cranky...:eek::rolleyes:

TomB

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Audi TDI Prestige Sport
...careful, eyetdiman...these folks have been waiting a LONG time, have been given so much conflicting info, or NO info, that they're really cranky...:eek::rolleyes:
Yep, 7 years for the Passat Diesel, and 4 MONTHS for the vehicle.

Patience is a convenience many do not have. If you need a car now, waiting four months is not practical.

Dismayed

Veteran Member
TDI
Funny, I did not have to put down a deposit at ALL.

Are they charging MSRP or MORE too?

I put down no deposit and am paying $1000 under MSRP.
I'm paying $1,800 below MSRP ($500 below invoice) for an SEL-Premium TDI. For that price, they want a deposit.

Dismayed

Veteran Member
TDI
Is the extra $500 off for owner loyalty?
Nothing off for loyalty - we own a Saab, and we used to own a Volvo. I used the truecar.com service - anyone can check prices there. No haggling needed with the dealer.