Central California TDI service available--can travel to you!"

tothemax

Top Post Dawg
TDI
TDIs: 2003 Jetta, 2016 Q5 3.0
photos of Matt working? free advertising. Nice shots too btw.

No that advertisement was not free......... Matt worked his frickin a$$ off on this job

Tnx for the compliments on the shots... somebody's gotta stand up and post up some decent shot so you don't get all the glory for the best pics on TDIClub ;)... Seriously, It's reciprocal... I really like the shot you post up as well... you have a great eye for composition.. One of my favorite shots is the one you use in your signature.

Digital Corpus

Top Post Dawg
TDI
'97 B4 w/ 236K mi body, 46K mi soul
No that advertisement was not free......... Matt worked his frickin a$$ off on this job

Tnx for the compliments on the shots... somebody's gotta stand up and post up some decent shot so you don't get all the glory for the best pics on TDIClub ;)... Seriously, It's reciprocal... I really like the shot you post up as well... you have a great eye for composition.. One of my favorite shots is the one you use in your signature.
Thanks :). Though in practice and at work I don't shoot much, I am a photographer by passion and trade and take my stuff seriously. I didn't know that my name got around for my photos on here, but thanks :)

Here is a larger copy of the shot you mention

now, hijack over... back to Matt!

kennethsime

Veteran Member
TDI
2004 Jetta Wagon GL TDI 5-Speed Baltic Green
Matt got up bright and early to fit my suspension in @ 6AM Sunday morning. New shocks, struts, sway bar bushings, Audi TT LCA bushings. This is my second job with Matt, and his work is great.

*bump*

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 Golf TDI GLS
Job in Buellton!

Matt Frank here. My brother is trying to get ahold of you. I also have a little job for you installing an intake, factory ss kit, transmission gear oil change, and the blinker convenience mod. I'd like to have it done after Christmas. Call my brother Al he is super excited to get his 4000 dollars in parts installed on his brand new R!!! You will like his car bro!!!!

Baumeister

Veteran Member
TDI
'15 Beetle Convertible, '03 New Beetle TDI 5sp, '94 Audi Cabriolet(AFN swap in progress)
bump for matt!!
I'll second that!

If you're in the Sacramento area...shoot me a PM. I have work that as much as I want to, I physically can't do myself for a few months due to another major chest surgery. Nothing too urgent:
-TDI rivnut/skidplate install(only had it since April:mad:)
-ALH TDI Fuel filter mod (NAPA filter head)
-Passat 1.8t timing belt.
-your window convenience mod...
-tweaking my Malone custom tune.

Otherwise, hope to see you at the March San Pablo GTG!

Matt-98AHU

Loose Nut Behind the Wheel Vendor
TDI
2001 Golf TDI, 2005 Passat wagon, 2004 Touareg V10.
Things have been a little nuts-o for me lately. I appreciate the bump.

I've got a mountain of correspondence I'm trying to dig my self out of and get back on track. I apologize to those who I haven't returned calls or messages to yet, I'm trying my best to get back there!

Holidays have kept me pre-occupied with things beyond business to boot, plus there's a certain white Golf I push in and out of the garage, a project that's been here a little too long.

So if you haven't heard back from me, don't be afraid to call again or email matt.gtr@gmail.com. I'll do my best to get back to ya'll :D

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 Golf TDI GLS
Matt just started a job on my 01 golf and is coming back in a week. He did a great job and is a hard efficient worker. Thanks Matt! I appreciate it. Let me know about the dogbone mount? I found some on ebay if you don't have one, but if you do it will save me 40 dollars. Which I could really use!!! Call me and let me know? Thanks

Farfromovin

Torque Addict
TDI
03 Golf 2dr- PD150 6m
Hey Matt, think you'd be willing to convert my PD150 old crappy style timing belt (with the piston tensioner like 1.8T's) to the new BEW style? AFAIK, it only requires changing the plastic back plate, drilling/tapping a hole in the block for the stud that a roller sits on. I know Matt Whitbread did it on a PD130. The hole goes right into a water jacket so he used some sort of sealant on the stud with no issues.

Oh, and I'd need to do this in the car if at all possible. I'm thinking right angle drill and maybe pull the motor up really high? Anyway, don't need to do it anytime soon, but will be doing it probably sometime this year and would like a hand for sure. I don't feel like scrapping my block!

tothemax

Top Post Dawg
TDI
TDIs: 2003 Jetta, 2016 Q5 3.0
Hey Matt, think you'd be willing to convert my PD150 old crappy style timing belt (with the piston tensioner like 1.8T's) to the new BEW style? AFAIK, it only requires changing the plastic back plate, drilling/tapping a hole in the block for the stud that a roller sits on. I know Matt Whitbread did it on a PD130. The hole goes right into a water jacket so he used some sort of sealant on the stud with no issues.
X2... except mine done out of the car.... b4 putting it in I hope... PD150 on it's way to Santa Maria ;)

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 Golf TDI GLS
Matt was telling me about your pd150 motor!!! Nice bro! That thing will run strong for sure.

VWbmx

TDI
02 Golf TDI, VR6 Wagon
Hey Matt,
Romad referred me here.

I have an ECU with Unitronic stage 1 loaded that I'm thinking of putting in.

Will that show readiness and pass smog if I already have .216 T5 injectors? I also have EGR and CAT.

Oh yeah, it's on an '02 Golf.

NewTdi

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2003 Bora, Reflex Silver
Hey Matt,
Romad referred me here.

I have an ECU with Unitronic stage 1 loaded that I'm thinking of putting in.

Will that show readiness and pass smog if I already have .216 T5 injectors? I also have EGR and CAT.

Oh yeah, it's on an '02 Golf.
You should be fine ...
Why don't you come to the GTG next week-end?

mudhen1

TDI
2003 Jetta Wagon
2003 Jetta Wagon

Matt,

I am wondering if you would be available to replace my fuel pump before you head back down south. I left you a message last Friday (3/15) that the car would not start so I was not able to come to the GTG. I assume that the fuel pump died. Please call me at 650-444-5173.

Thanks,

Scott

Matt-98AHU

Loose Nut Behind the Wheel Vendor
TDI
2001 Golf TDI, 2005 Passat wagon, 2004 Touareg V10.
I have been crazy busy lately! Thanks so much for the business, it's been incredible.

I have changed my original post to reflect a few changes. First, due to the rising fuel costs (and the fact that I now have a larger TDI wagon which is not as fuel efficient) my travel expense has been revised to $0.45/mile. I may revise this again in the near future, we'll see. But as always, I am pretty relaxed with this standard if I'm lining up a lot of work in one area.

I've also added Diedre's phone number as an alternate if I don't return calls soon enough or happen to lose track of such things. Also, don't be surprised if she answers my phone. I've already had a couple people hang up thinking it's the wrong number when she's done that, lol.

She's being a great help with keeping me organized and on task as far as scheduling and contacting people are concerned, as well as getting things more legitimized, making receipts and the like. I'm looking to at some point turn this into a legitimate business :)

Thanks again for all the business!

Photo of not-as-fuel-efficient TDI wagon that I'm now using for my tool hauler :)

VeeDubTDI

Wanderluster, Traveler, TDIClub Enthusiast
TDI
‘18 Tesla Model 3D+, ‘14 Cadillac ELR, ‘13 Fiat 500e
The wagon is looking sharp, buddy! Time to put a Mauldulator in it. ;) :cool: