Advice on Buying Used 2014

caideN

TDI
02 Jetta Wagon TDI
Hi all.

I am looking to buy a used Touareg TDI because it checks most of the boxes for me except reliability is questionable. However, since it comes with a 10 year 100k power train warranty, I am not as worried.

I am quite confused on the pricing on these diesel touaregs. On KBB, a 2014 with average mileage is about $34k-36k but on NADAguides or Edmunds, it's about $30k

That's quite a big difference. I'm not sure if any of the guides consider the restitution the owners received from diesel gate. And now with the new 2015 and 2016 models hitting some dealers, it makes it even harder to know a fair price.

So what is a good price to pay for a 2014 with about 30k miles?

If you've recently bought a used one, please share the specifications of your tdi touareg and the price you paid.

Thank you!

Savageman69

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2012 Highline Touareg TDI
no idea there but its crazy here...prices are high and you have maybe a day before the one you looked at sells...very desired

caideN

TDI
02 Jetta Wagon TDI
The ones I am looking at are from private sellers. I don't see any available in the dealers. Only the golf and jetta TDIs

Radman

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2014 Audi A6 TDI, 2014 Touareg TDI
Bought my 2014 Execline last March for 40K CDN with 80000km. Good deals hard to come by, as mentioned by Savageman above they sell quick here in Canada as the demand is high.

Mythdoc

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 Touareg, 2015 Q5, 2015 Golf
I would post an inquiry on the club Touareg forum site. Lots more owners there than here, and several of them looking for a reasonable price to sell their vehicle.

jcart

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 Touareg TDi Malone Stage 2, Rawtek.
I looked extensively Canada wide last spring summer and at that time there where only a handful at dealership (VW) and other sales lots too. Private sales where really non existent as folks where waiting for Diesel gate announcement for the 3.0 litres. As I recall price points where $42-$72k dollars CDN for new or with low mileage 13s and 14s, with least expensive in Eastern Canada. I spoke with various dealerships in Western Canada and no one would even look or get back to me... was really weird. Only one sales (woman) got back to me 1.5 hours from my home, we went and looked at it, was a 2012 with 114,000 Kms on it. It had just came in on trade and prior to even driving, looking at it put down $500 to hold it. We ended up buying it for $30k and felt that was the best we could do at the time. So far it been a great rig and glad we bought it. Even not considering, our sorry buyback cash from our 2015 Jetta TDi I’m glad we bought this rig. It’s such a sleeper ride..... and mileage wise at 28-30 imperial mpg’s, not sure what else is out there that’s equal.
Good hunting and hope you find a good one.

Savageman69

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Yep when i looked there was i think 4 in all of ontario...1 sold before i could look at it, second one i drove 4 hours to see after the chick said it was mint and it was stored in a garage and the floors were rotting. Found my 2012 on the way home from that and bought it on first sight. Gotta just jump on them here...been very happy 85k ive put on in 2 years and ive done no repairs at all...rock solid

UR2SLO

TDI
15 Jetta 15 Touareg
A few weeks ago I bought an immaculate 15 Lux with 40k miles and the fix completed. Asking price was $36,900, they gave me about 2k more for my trade than I thought my trade was worth.
One thousand miles into it I feel like I got great value for my dollar.

n18054

TDI
2014 toureg tri executive
2014 TDI for sale

I have a 2014 TDI here in North Carolina for sale....great shape with all emissions work complete...R-Line with all options...Blue/Brown interior..I love it but need a Yukon XL due to rapidly expanding family. can email pictures. 77,000 miles Best offer over 35,000 thousand.

Savageman69

Top Post Dawg
TDI
I have a 2014 TDI here in North Carolina for sale....great shape with all emissions work complete...R-Line with all options...Blue/Brown interior..I love it but need a Yukon XL due to rapidly expanding family. can email pictures. 77,000 miles Best offer over 35,000 thousand.
blue as in reef blue?....reef blue with saddle brown leather, good lord i want that combo

jcart

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 Touareg TDi Malone Stage 2, Rawtek.
Sounds like a nice ride.....Why not a Q7 or the VW Atlas?