XM radio not listing all the channels

fon462

TDI
2012 Jetta TDI
My XM radio works fine but I am missing a bunch of channels. Is there a way to refresh the list? My wife and I both have XM and she has many more channels than I do. Any help would be appreciated.

jmarshall

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 Jetta 6MT
You have Sirius. The channel listing is different I believe even though they are the same company.

Another option is that you do not have as high of a subscription package as she does.

Ford_6L_E350

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 GTI - sold the 13 TDI
Or someone programmed a bunch of favorites, and it skips the others.

You should be able to reset to factory defaults to activate all channels.

Mike

fon462

TDI
2012 Jetta TDI
My wife and I both have the same subscriptions and I bought the Jetta brand spanking new. I called XM and had them resend the channel list to my radio. I dont know what the issue is. I might just cancel it and just hook up my ipad3 to the midi cable.

tacotoy

TDI
2012 Jetta TDI 2.0l
there are some channels that show up on xm but not on sirus... might help if you say what channel numbers you are missing????

jnmarshall

Veteran Member
TDI
'12 Jetta, '13 JSW
You Jetta has Sirius, not XM. As someone already mentioned Sirius and XM are one company but their subscriptions and channel lineups are different.
Sirius
XM
For example, assuming you have premier subs on both, if you check your channel lineups you will notice XM has talk radio on channels 11, 12 and 13 which are not on Sirius.

jnmarshall

Veteran Member
TDI
'12 Jetta, '13 JSW
My wife and I both have the same subscriptions and I bought the Jetta brand spanking new. I called XM and had them resend the channel list to my radio. I dont know what the issue is. I might just cancel it and just hook up my ipad3 to the midi cable.
I would and did. Between HD and iPhone apps I can get all the same songs and genre for free.

Doug3

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 GTI Autobahn
The free trial is the "Select Package". It doesn't include all channels. You have to subscribe to "Premier Package" to get them all.

Last edited:

fon462

TDI
2012 Jetta TDI
@jnmarshall my wife has XM and I have sirrus. so that explains some of the channel differences.

We both have premier subscriptions so it must be the the difference in the radio. You would think since they merged they would give everyone the same channel lineup.