Clicking under the hood ... EGR pressure converter going bad?

big_worm81

Veteran Member
TDI
A3 Jetta TDI's
Hey all, amongst all the other things I have on the go with my two A3's ... (two broken window regulators and a suspect harmonic balancer) ... I have another weird thing happening.

Clicking under the hood by the fuel filter. I popped the hood and I almost want to say it’s the EGR valve pressure converter. The sound comes and goes and can easily be heard from within the vehicle ... I can tell you the clicking is REALLY loud at -20C (-4F) ... anyone ever have this?? ... The clicking is consistent regardless of engine RPM or speed. Thanks.

Matt-98AHU

Loose Nut Behind the Wheel Vendor
TDI
2001 Golf TDI, 2005 Passat wagon, 2004 Touareg V10.
I third the above opinions. Furthermore, if no clicking was observed, I would be more concerned! An N75 not making such clicking noises usually means it's stuck!

big_worm81

Veteran Member
TDI
A3 Jetta TDI's
I third the above opinions. Furthermore, if no clicking was observed, I would be more concerned! An N75 not making such clicking noises usually means it's stuck!
True, but I'm pretty sure it's not suppose to click once a second for a 6 hours road trip from Ottawa to Toronto ... Thanks for the help, I've got a used one, no idea if it works or not. Will let you know.