my 05 Golf build

chriskorwan

Veteran Member
TDI
2005 VW Golf
I've gotten a lot accomplished. Just don't feel like posting it. If you're interested in daily updates follow me on Facebook. I'm not hard to find mention you're from tdiclub in friend requests

chriskorwan

Veteran Member
TDI
2005 VW Golf

chriskorwan

Veteran Member
TDI
2005 VW Golf
Anyone who has difficultly seeing my photos let me know and I'll make a photobucket album(I haven't posted the photos to photobucket yet) . It was somewhere around 100 hours of labor I'd estimate to do the swap with all of the stuff I did. I'd recommend swapping a tdi to an all wheel drive car. It was fun and a good learning experience.

chriskorwan

Veteran Member
TDI
2005 VW Golf
After you send me a friend request be social! It's a community I love being a part of because of how many friends I've made. So don't just creep. Comments are welcome

chriskorwan

Veteran Member
TDI
2005 VW Golf
I found Chris on fb before ever finding this thread, haha.
Are we friends on Facebook? Not everyone's username is as easy to figure out who they are as mine is. But yes my car is all over FB. It's just so much easier to post photos on there... Yes we are! And Clinton will agree we've talked quite a few times

Last edited:

duwem

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 Golf GLS TDI 5 Speed
You even got a decent (at least in the picts) looking R32 rear bumper with the back half, cool.

chriskorwan

Veteran Member
TDI
2005 VW Golf

She's ugly, but I've had her up and running for a month. Still need to wire the haldex. I'm pleased with it though. Done about 1500 miles since I got it back together

chriskorwan

Veteran Member
TDI
2005 VW Golf
I don't like the harlequin look either. But right now I'm saving up for another 20th front end and paint. I'm just glad to have completed the massive undertaking of making my golf 4motion

skyking1

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 beetle 2002 beetle
Chris I am bumping this and asking, since you did all the hard work and research.
Can you build a 4motion by modding your existing pan, is the R32 transplant just the shortest path?

chriskorwan

Veteran Member
TDI
2005 VW Golf
Chris I am bumping this and asking, since you did all the hard work and research.
Can you build a 4motion by modding your existing pan, is the R32 transplant just the shortest path?

If you are a very experience fabricator. You can make a system the mount the rear suspension to. And put a fuel cell in the car.

Easiest/shortest path would be to buy an R32 or a TT and swap the engines.

You will need a minimum of a 225 TT gear box and a euro tdi 6 speed to swap the internals.

Welding in the r pan wasn't that bad. I'd do it again for someone else. The r rear suspension mount with 4 bolts in front of the spare tire well. 4 bolts on both sides where the rear beam used to be bolted to(outside frame rail is a bit different. And then the rear shocks mount on a 45* angle towards the rear bumper.

I'm still trying to get the wiring done

skyking1

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 beetle 2002 beetle
Thanks! I have a beetle, and really need the headroom so I am 'stuck' with it.
I dream of an AWD TDI beetle. I see early quattro TT wrecks and wonder.

skyking1

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 beetle 2002 beetle
Lowest prices for quattros seem to be around 5K that I can find. are you talking about wrecking yard ones with blown engines?

chriskorwan

Veteran Member
TDI
2005 VW Golf
Lowest prices for quattros seem to be around 5K that I can find. are you talking about wrecking yard ones with blown engines?
I'm talking about Craigslist, vwvortex, audizine. I saw a couple around me running for 3k.

Look for a 225hp 1.8t Quattro with a broken timing belt. They are out there

chriskorwan

Veteran Member
TDI
2005 VW Golf
It's been almost a yeas since the last time I posted anything in this thread. Anyways car looks great. AWD is a blast. I'll be building my motor in December or January to try and use up some of the fuel from my +80% nozzles