WANTED: Bosio race 683 nozzles to fit v6 tdi engines

FrançoisL

TDI
2,5L V6 Audi
Maybe a stupid question but, you're agree that i must buy 6 nozzles?
What about the "pilot injector", can i change the nozzle as a classic injector?
Thank's.

François

FrançoisL

TDI
2,5L V6 Audi
Stupid question!
The Allroad has a stage 1, then I put a downpipe, now I will change nozzles.
Will I need to remap right now, or can I drive like that?

I hope to hybrid turbo in few months (still looking informations about your experiences), with a bigger intercooler, so I would like to do the remap only at this moment.

I must pay a company for the map+dyno, it's quite expensive, so if I can wait the last moment to done it, that's better!
Of course, if it's too dangerous for the motor to run with big nozzles, I will do it but...

François

adamss24

Veteran Member
TDI
audi a4 2.5 tdi 98 quatrro 6speed
You will have more smoke but should not be much of a problem if you don't drive it hard. Get a EGT gauge and monitor temperatures so you not going to kook the turbo ! A new map should tie it in altogether, however you will need to get a good tuner that knows how to reduce IQ to stop the smoke if you go for larger injectors- no need for stock nozzles...

FrançoisL

TDI
2,5L V6 Audi
Ok Adams, thank's.
First of all, I'm going to ask them if he's able to do that...
I send you a pm Adams, few days ago.
I was asking if you have second Hand nozzles, as you made severals changes!

I've got vagcom and one of my friend will give me Winols and a Galetto, just try to learn how to...

FrançoisL

TDI
2,5L V6 Audi
Dieselkontor is afraid about upgrading AKE!
Here the answer to my question:

hello

thanks for the question
the 2.5 / V6 are quite sensitive because of the 142 degree spray angle

please doublecheck which nozzles yours have in and take same ones for replace
better not make "experiments" with upgrade nozzles or similar in this engine

FrançoisL

TDI
2,5L V6 Audi
I forgot to show my questions...i was asking them if I need other parts to adapt the nozzles on the AKE injectors!

diffas

Veteran Member
TDI
B5q A4 Avant 2.5TDi+, B7q A4 Avant 3.0TDi
You may need longer pins for adjusting opening pressure.

LongJohn

TDI
A4 B6 2.5TDIq AKE
Does anyone know is these upgraded higher performance / lift cams for 2,5tdi V6? Or is there bigger / better flowing valves around?

Scott_DeWitt

Vendor
TDI
2000 Audi A4 1.9TDI quattro
Does anyone know is these upgraded higher performance / lift cams for 2,5tdi V6? Or is there bigger / better flowing valves around?
I'm testing a set of stage II cams.

The limiting part on the heads however are the ports for lack of a better term they suck.

LongJohn

TDI
A4 B6 2.5TDIq AKE
Yep. I know the port problem but you could improve the whole thing with close to same effort when heads are removed. Ports, valves, cams etc. Where did you got your Stage 2 cams and how they differ from stock? Is there a Stage 1 improved cams as well? Do they require additional changes to pistons etc?

edit: Is there something you can do to IM?

LongJohn

TDI
A4 B6 2.5TDIq AKE
The cams were custom ground.
Ok but based on what? Stock cams and reground from there? Hollow (newer) or solid (older) cams?

How much did you changed them? Lift, duration etc.

Ports and small valves propably limit most but I guess more lifting cams won't hurt and is there something you can do to that intake manifold? At least it looks small ported.

Scott_DeWitt

Vendor
TDI
2000 Audi A4 1.9TDI quattro
Ok but based on what? Stock cams and reground from there? Hollow (newer) or solid (older) cams?

How much did you changed them? Lift, duration etc.

Ports and small valves propably limit most but I guess more lifting cams won't hurt and is there something you can do to that intake manifold? At least it looks small ported.
I'm not at liberty to discuss the specifications of the cams until they are properly evaluated.

adamss24

Veteran Member
TDI
Stock 2.0 tdi valves fit and are 1-2mm oversize, keep an eye on this thread as i will use some on a pair of heads i am building at the moment...

LongJohn

TDI
A4 B6 2.5TDIq AKE
Stock 2.0 tdi valves fit and are 1-2mm oversize, keep an eye on this thread as i will use some on a pair of heads i am building at the moment...
Ok. Both intake and exhaust valves? And they fit to stock bore head without problems? With higher lift cams that should make some difference...

gr8tjoey

TDI
'92 1Z@207PS, '99 AVF@~200PS, '99 2.5 AFB stock
Hi there,

Finally my first upgrade is ready.
Stock AFB engine (new belts, etc), Iveco nozzles in 180HP injectors (set to 250/400), silencers removed, VNT20 @ 1,55 bar ECU remap.
Right now it is at a very solid 200+ HP (maybe 220-230), but the torque is there.. a lot.
Very smooth to drive, feels powerful, much better than the stock, but just a small adjustment.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ViPw2VBamfQ

But there is a question: do you use ELM327 with AFB ecu? Mine is not communicating with the ECU. I have ELM mini bluetooth and Torque for Android. Connection is ok, but it can't communicate with the ECU. The same is working with AVF 131HP 1.9 PDTDI, and AFN 110HP TDI ecu.
Does anybody use ELM with AFB? Is there a trick?

ps: I heard that ELM mini will neve communicate with this ECU only the full one like this:
http://www.aliexpress.com/item/2014...l-OBD2-Protocols-wifi-elm-327/1616788843.html
True?

Last edited:

adamss24

Veteran Member
TDI
Goes very strong for 150Bhp... Watch the stock gt2050v as the shaft can snap with sustained boost levels... You need a man sized turbo in there, try a 60mm compressor wheel and a modern turbine from a gtb2260vk turbo, then your turbo can do 2.4 Bar of boost without much trouble !

diffas

Veteran Member
TDI
Yeah stock gt2052v is pretty much outrunned on 210-220hp. Emp needs to be checked if possible.

gr8tjoey

TDI
'92 1Z@207PS, '99 AVF@~200PS, '99 2.5 AFB stock
This is with stock fuel map?
No, but I am not so familiar with the ECU tuning.
The whole table was adjusted 4 times. On the last 2 times I wanted less and less, because there were too much torque, and the quattro system was growling and shaking.
I agree with the bigger turbo, I just wanted to have a daily cheap 200+ HP car. I don't want to run the same circles again, like clutch, etc..

ps: no answer to ELM327? Nobody is using it?

diffas

Veteran Member
TDI
So a little upgrade from my car. About a month ago or so my car suddenly stopped boosting and the fear was that the exhaust manifolds failed.
It happened to me few years earlier, so it was with similar symptoms. After tearing car and the turbo apart my first conclusion turned out right.
So now it was finally time to upgrade manifolds and the turbo. All that was on my to do list in next few months so I wasn't that sad about it.
Exhaust manifolds were planned to be log type for space saving and better flow. ID of the manifold runners are 38.3mm, so plenty of flow
available there. Also the up-link pipes and the collector was upgraded with the same sized pipe.

GTX2863R turbine was totaled but bearings was saved because the metal pieces from manifolds was jammed between housing and the wheel -
not spinning the turbo. So now it was again time to upgrade turbine wheel to the bigger one. Only turbine that was available such a shot notice
was GT30R 90-trim whee. It wasn't my first option, but as it turned out it works perfectly! Much better than small GT28R turbine. Spools faster
and has almost 0.7bar less EMP. It's almost IMP=EMP. So now this hybrid has 47.1/63.4mm compressor with 56.5/53.6mm turbine. Car never felt
this good with GTX28, so I'm very happy about this.

Here are few videos and links about the result:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6MtdP6Gs6ME - Manifolds project video with pictures.
http://evvk.1g.fi/kuvat/Diudi/pakosatsit/English/ - just pictures
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q0IkLOYcTzs - first runs I videoed.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cHAQpakTThE - 4th gear spooling test.

adamss24

Veteran Member
TDI
Manifolds look very good, thinking to do exactly the same to mine, need to get some flanges laser cut !

diffas

Veteran Member
TDI
Yeah, definitely must do upgrade for these engines when increasing power. I was first bit worried about if the pipes are too big, but they turned out just fine.

diffas

Veteran Member
TDI
Thanks.
I took some logs just to compare setups. First we have here spooling logs and graphs. Pretty good spooling for this size wg-turbo.
About 200rpm earlier than it was with last setup with gtx28. Really can't say if it is the turbo, manifolds or both that made the difference. Money well spent. :)

Using virtual dyno to compare power increase - There is some and it feels too. This is just for comparing, not real dyno numbers. Should be pretty close though.