AFN Cam Upgrade Advice

K1Cowboy

Veteran Member
TDI
2000 Audi S4 AFN TDI
I'm looking to replace my cam and lifters in the near future. I have read that the PD INA black top lifters are the best, so I'll be going with those. The question I have is which cam to install? I see Kerma has a colt stage 2 for the AHU that I think should fit. How is the idle on a diesel performance cam? Like stock?

Last edited:

Abacus

That helpful B4 guy
TDI
Only the B4V left
You won't notice a difference except there will be more mid-range power. I did not notice a power difference in the lower and upper bands but mid-range was more noticeable with less falling off than the stock cam. I've installed two so far and they are a decent addition if you plan on adding a chip and injectors. Without them, it's a waste of money, IMHO.

JFettig

Vendor
TDI
B5 Passat, 2010 Jetta
You don't need the PD lifters for an AFN/AHU/ALH

A Stage 2 cam is really nice, I noticed a difference throughout the powerband.

btw, I cleared some space in my inbox :)

bhodgkiss

Veteran Member
TDI
AFN Passat Wagon
Digging up an old thread.... :)
I need to do the cambelt on my AFN passat, and thinking I could fit a high lift cam at the same time
Any recommendations? IS the SDI cam actually any better?

I do have lots of mods - see my signature

adamss24

Veteran Member
TDI
audi a4 2.5 tdi 98 quatrro 6speed
I have used the pd equivalent SDI cam in a pd engine, it works ! If the ve SDI cam is as effective as the pd cam then you will be in for a pleasant surprise !
As mentioned above, AFN cam doesn’t need DLC coated lifters but I used them as an upgrade without Adverse effects !