note

BawlsyTDI

Veteran Member
TDI
jetta, someday a getta, 2001, baltic green
My car is fine. No problems, just thought I'd share.

GoFaster

Moderator at Large
TDI
2006 Jetta TDI
Today I got in my car. The glow plugs worked. Relay 109 engaged properly. The engine started on all four cylinders and ran smoke-free. The starter motor disengaged properly. The shift linkage operated correctly and it was possible to shift normally through all five gears. The clutch did not slip. The MAF sensor operated within nominal specifications. The "check engine" light did not come on. Power delivery was normal (i.e. way more than stock). The brakes did not squeal. The tires have sufficient tread depth. The heater worked. The heated seats worked. The thermostat maintained the engine at the correct temperature. The diesel fuel did not gel.

given the way these forums look sometimes, this may seem like a minor miracle!!

[ February 24, 2003, 09:21: Message edited by: GoFaster ]

S

SkyPup

Both our high powered TDIs have operated perfectly everday for over five years now, no problems to report as we've never had any except for a failed lamp bulb (one headlamp bulb burnt out at the three year mark, why VWAG cannot subcontract lamp bulbs that last forever I cannot understand).

Old Navy

Top Post Dawg
TDI
None now, .
Yes and they should build these Moonroof's TUFF enough to with stand a impact of a BFR thrown from passing car. Two years later I'm still getting glass out when I vaccum the car.

[ February 24, 2003, 11:57: Message edited by: Old Navy ]

mailman

Veteran Member
TDI
99.5 Black Jetta TDI
I hear a squeak in my dashboard that gets worse with the engine at 1500 rpm, but goes away completely when I blast the radio.

And as for the burnt out headlight, it was simply pumping way too much oil! Or, maybe the summer air in the tires needs to be replaced with winter air.

Muffler bearings need to be repacked?

[ February 24, 2003, 13:28: Message edited by: mailman ]

master cylinder

RIP, Gone But Not Forgotten
TDI
Jetta GLS, 2002, Cool White
Whew!!! I thought I was the only one! Hitting 20K in a week and absolutely no problems - glove box door hinge still intact - windows roll up and down - original MAF - finding it easy to follow the VW owners manual on ALL items VW recommends -

I was starting to get a complex about having the only VW made with no problems! Yikes - all of my VW's have been this way - I was really starting to feel cursed. Reading all the problems on this site leads me to believe even stronger in the "self inflicted" theory.

FlyTDI Guy

Top Post Dawg
TDI
'01 Jetta GLS
'Twas miles upon miles, and all was still right, nary a hiccup, not even a light.

The tools were all hung on the wall with care, lonely in hopes a use would be there.

The parts all lay silent, nestled and stored, with visions of purpose, waiting and bored.

Mom in her apron, and you in your smock, dreaming of mods, yet still looking stock.

When out on the forum, there raised such a clatter, they started their 'puters to see what's the matter.

Broken down windows, relays and hinges, MAFs, and blown turbos, all give us the cringes.

When what to our wandering eye just appears, a problem-less entry, no ranting or tears.

With well running cars, not ailing or sick, we know in a second, they all must be quick.

More rapid than gassers, with smiles on their faces, not broken not faulty, not victims of races.

No whining, no trolling, no wondering why, just making things faster, their cars really fly

On Jetta, On Golf, On Bora and all, these diesels are great so just have a ball...

Well, you get the idea...

[ February 24, 2003, 21:25: Message edited by: FlyTDI Guy ]

S

SkyPup

The tires all keep wearing down and the fuel tank keeps needing more fuel, anyone have any idea why this keeps happening?

Old Navy

Top Post Dawg
TDI
None now, .
Our Jetta has a loose nut behind the wheel.

’00 NB GLS, 5 Speed, Cool White, Luxury Package, Cold Weather Package, Turbo Diesel Badge, GPS, XM Satellite Radio, OEM Steel Skid Plate, Fuel Line Shield, Mufflerectomy, No snow screen, CCV Filter installed, Mobil Delvac 1, Euro Switch, Vented…. Mine.

’02 Jetta GLS, Silver Arrow Metallic, Automatic, Cold Weather Package, Turbo Diesel Badges, OEM Steel Skid Plate, Fuel Line Shield, No Snow Screen, Mobil Delvac 1, CCV Filter Installed, Vented, TDIHeater…Wife's.

S

SkyPup

It's been so long since I've changed a tire, which direction should the lug wrench be turned to lossed the lug nutz? Where is the jack and how does it work? Does the owners manual document this amazing feat well enough for a double digit IQ driver to change the wheel without killing themselves in the process?

dieseldorf

Top Post Dawg
TDI
ex- 1996 wagon, ex-2000 Jetta
My new Jetta has a "TDI" badge on the rear end passenger side, which is a dead give away if your haven't already sensed (nosewise) that I running a compression engine. I've noticed on the gas NB and Jetta that the diameter of the dual downturned exhaust pipes is less than that on the diesels!

master cylinder

RIP, Gone But Not Forgotten
TDI
Jetta GLS, 2002, Cool White
WHAT? Anyway - It has been so long since I've had to refuel that I can't remember which side the filler is on and when I find it, which way to turn the cap to get it off

Wingnut

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Silver 2003 Jetta Wagon
Are you telling me we have to put fuel in these things? They didn't tell me that when I bought it!!!! I want a refund