06 jetta stalls when ac turned on at idle

mac11

Veteran Member
TDI
04 Passat
This happened both a couple weeks ago when it was hot and the AC was on and now when it's cold and I turned on the defroster.

I get the emissions workshop light

The only fault code in VAGCOM is

008214 - intake manifold flap piston sensor

I have unplugged the flapper but it did the same.when it was plugged in.

Any help or direction would be appreciated.

mextdi

Veteran Member
TDI
2006 Jetta TDI 1.9, 2012 Passat TDI SE DSG, Previous 2014 Beetle TDi, 2012 Golf TDi DSG
Have you done a tune up on it recently? Fuel filter, air filter, etc?

A clogged fuel filter will cause it to stall when on load.

I would do that and take it from there.

mextdi

Veteran Member
TDI
2006 Jetta TDI 1.9, 2012 Passat TDI SE DSG, Previous 2014 Beetle TDi, 2012 Golf TDi DSG
The EGR being stuck open would case a very rough idle, TONS of smoke and loss of power. The car would be more or less undriveable. And you would get codes.

Try doing some cheap, easy maintenance on the car and see if it improves. Doesn't take long to do.

Could also be a ton of black junk in or around your ASV valve not allowing it to open or close properly. If you are going to attempt to clean the ASV butterfly, make sure and not spray carb cleaner in there, that will case hydrolock and a possible runaway condition, both fatal to your TDI. Clean with a soft brush and/or papel towels soaked in the solvent of your choice.

Last edited:

mac11

Veteran Member
TDI
04 Passat
well instead of firing the parts cannon at it as this forum always seems to suggest a little looking around revealed the previous owner left the wire harness across the front of the fan untied. fan kicks on and causes a short. tieing the harness back where it should be cures all issues.