1998 Jetta TDI Low Miles 5sp

IndigoBlueWagon

TDIClub Enthusiast, Principal IDParts, Vendor , w/
TDI
'97 Passat, '99.5 Golf, '02 Jetta Wagon, '15 GSW
My daughter had a gasser in same colors with the same crank windows/power sunroof combo. Makes me smile.

Car looks like it's been repainted, buyer would have to look carefully for signs of impending rust in the typical MKIII areas: Door jams, under plastic in the trunk lid, behind the filler door. And of course rocker panels. Also it has an obviously incorrect battery. Needs strut mounts, but even with low miles at this age the dampers are probably shot.

Still, if it's actually rust-free and the paint shows well in person (I think it's so-so in the photos) and this is a car you want then it may be worth pursuing. Personally I'm kind of over the A3/B4 generation of TDIs (even though I still own a B4). MKIVs are where it's at for me.

bmwM5power

Veteran Member
TDI
15 GSW TDI S 6MT 02 JETTA TDI GLS 5MT 15 GOLF TDI SE 6MT 15 GOLF TDI SEL DSG
My daughter had a gasser in same colors with the same crank windows/power sunroof combo. Makes me smile.

Car looks like it's been repainted, buyer would have to look carefully for signs of impending rust in the typical MKIII areas: Door jams, under plastic in the trunk lid, behind the filler door. And of course rocker panels. Also it has an obviously incorrect battery. Needs strut mounts, but even with low miles at this age the dampers are probably shot.

Still, if it's actually rust-free and the paint shows well in person (I think it's so-so in the photos) and this is a car you want then it may be worth pursuing. Personally I'm kind of over the A3/B4 generation of TDIs (even though I still own a B4). MKIVs are where it's at for me.
have you seen it in person?