www.tdiclub.com

Economy - Longevity - Performance
The #1 Source of TDI Information on the Web!
Forums Articles Links Meets
Orders TDI Club Cards TDIFest 2016 Gone, but not forgotten VAG-Com List Unit Conversions TDIClub Chat Thank You

Order your TDIClub merchandise and help support TDIClub

Go Back   TDIClub Forums > TDI Model Specific Discussions Areas > VW MKV-A5 Golf/Jettas

VW MKV-A5 Golf/Jettas Discussions area for A5/MkV Jetta/Golf (2005/2006 PD and 2009 CR).

Old April 15th, 2020, 10:52   #1
Schlepper

Fuel Economy: car has been unusable for over 2 years now....
Default code P0673 on 2005 MkV Jetta TDI

After about 18 months of sitting and not able to start, I finally was able to procure the info so I could sort out the May 2005 fuse/relay configuration of my car. It now will start and I can drive it. I still have the parasitic drain that kills the battery overnight and I was able to put my OBD2 scanner device on it and it's firing P0673. From the looks of the code, that may well be my drain issue, but having a hard time sorting all of this out given the wires are crammed together and wrapped tight with tape... sooooooo.....

What is the wiring schematic for the glow plug circuit?

Is there way to bench test the Glow Plug Module 457?

I'm having difficulty in figuring out where the 'open circuit' or 'short to ground' could possibly be coming from, I am not able to find it?

Thanks for any help or suggestions!!
Schlepper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 16th, 2020, 05:54   #2
Schlepper

Fuel Economy: car has been unusable for over 2 years now....

I see that 58 people have read my post with no replies.... surely my questions are not unique... I'll try to narrow it down, and maybe someone has had this issue and would be willing to share their experience.

I pulled all of the GPs and they all test out at .09 Ohms.... tested quickly with battery/jumper wires and they all get white hot (very brief as it was with 12V not 7V as they show on the plugs).

There are very small wires that are part of the Controller plug and I assume they send signal to turn it on and off, send data to ECM, etc. Where do those signals come from between key switch and the GP module?

I am prepared to buy a new GP wire harness and get new plugs just to eliminate any possibility of those being an issue, but before dropping the larger sum on the Module, I want to understand and do a continuity test on the wires coming to it but I don't know and cannot find where it all originates from.... looking for some help/direction here.

Thank you,
John
Schlepper is offline   Reply With Quote