www.tdiclub.com

Economy - Longevity - Performance
The #1 Source of TDI Information on the Web!
Forums Articles Links Meets
Orders TDI Club Cards TDIFest 2016 Gone, but not forgotten VAG-Com List Unit Conversions TDIClub Chat Thank You

Order your TDIClub merchandise and help support TDIClub

Go Back   TDIClub Forums > TDI Model Specific Discussions Areas > VW MKVI-A6 Golf family including Jetta SportWagen (~ 2010-2014)

VW MKVI-A6 Golf family including Jetta SportWagen (~ 2010-2014) Discussions area for A6/MkVI (2010-2014) Golf and Golf Wagons (Jetta Sportwagon in the USA).

Old December 10th, 2019, 13:36   #1
Yamasaki

TDI(s): '12 Golf TDI
Default Panoramic Sunroof Alignment

I'm pretty sure that my panoramic sunroof is not in the fully closed position and needs to be adjusted. This is on a '12 Sportwagen. .

The front edge of the sunroof does not sit flush with the roof.

When fully closed, I would estimate that it sits 1-2mm too low and 1-2mm open. See the below pic for the best image I was able to capture:

I have wind noise and I most certainly have leaks (The drains are being cleaned and in some cases replaced).

I believe I could eliminate most of the drain issues if I could eliminate the water ingress in the first place.

The sunroof appears to operate just fine. It opens fully and the tilt feature works. It also closes fine, just not 100%.

Anyone know how to adjust this roof? Dealer tells me it looks fine but something is not right here.

Last edited by Yamasaki; December 11th, 2019 at 09:29. Reason: image size upset people
Yamasaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 10th, 2019, 15:54   #2
CheapBastard
Veteran Member

TDI(s): 2014 JSW
Fuel Economy: 30

My glass sticks up slightly from the roof, no leaks
CheapBastard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 11th, 2019, 08:46   #3
JELLOWSUBMARINE
Veteran Member

PLEASE downsize the mega pictuture.

There is a procedure that realigns out of sync movement/stops. A search should pull it up

Last edited by JELLOWSUBMARINE; December 11th, 2019 at 08:51.
JELLOWSUBMARINE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 11th, 2019, 09:31   #4
Yamasaki

TDI(s): '12 Golf TDI

Quote:
Originally Posted by JELLOWSUBMARINE View Post
PLEASE downsize the mega pictuture.

There is a procedure that realigns out of sync movement/stops. A search should pull it up

If you are speaking of the panoramic sunroof adaptation procedure whereby you hold the sunroof close button down for 20 seconds, it does not change my alignment.

Is there a different procedure? Believe it or not, I have been searching multiple forums for a fix for about a week. Perhaps you could assist in aiming me the right direction?
Old December 11th, 2019, 11:47   #5
JELLOWSUBMARINE
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JELLOWSUBMARINE View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yamasaki View Post
If you are speaking of the panoramic sunroof adaptation procedure whereby you hold the sunroof close button down for 20 seconds, it does not change my alignment.

Is there a different procedure? Believe it or not, I have been searching multiple forums for a fix for about a week. Perhaps you could assist in aiming me the right direction?
Yes, I had to that procedure after a battery change. It fixed the binding. I guess your issue is different
I saw your VWvortex post. Unfortunately the "how I manually adjusted the glass" response @ link seems the next to do.
JELLOWSUBMARINE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 13th, 2019, 21:22   #6
ttcheung

Fuel Economy: 45mpg

have you done a "full open" procedure? where you spin the dial to "open," and then twist it some more to the "service" mode?" after that, maybe close it back up and see where the roof sits?