www.tdiclub.com

Economy - Longevity - Performance
The #1 Source of TDI Information on the Web!
Forums Articles Links Meets
Orders TDI Club Cards TDIFest 2016 Gone, but not forgotten VAG-Com List Unit Conversions TDIClub Chat Thank You

Order your TDIClub merchandise and help support TDIClub

Go Back   TDIClub Forums > TDI Model Specific Discussions Areas > VW MKV-A5 Golf/Jettas

VW MKV-A5 Golf/Jettas Discussions area for A5/MkV Jetta/Golf (2005/2006 PD and 2009 CR).

Old December 12th, 2018, 21:10   #1
mdopole1

Default Will 2006 jetta gli seats fit my 2006 tdi..

I've been doing research but cant find a solid answer. Will 2006 gli jetta leather seats fit in my 2006 tdi jetta as a direct swap? My black seats have been splattered with white paint from a previous owner, and Im looking for a replacement.

Thanks, Matt
mdopole1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 13th, 2018, 03:55   #2
D-Cup
Veteran Member

Should be a direct swap. I’ve never pulled front seats, but I in the process of learning how to remove the headliner in my 2010, I watched plenty of YouTube vids about pulling seats. Engine type didn’t seam to make any difference in process or bolt placement.
If you want, you can search YouTube for seat removal for the 2 different cars and see if you can find any differences.
Though, if you do a search, you may find a few folks on here that have swapped out seats just like you’re planning to.
D-Cup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 13th, 2018, 04:22   #3
Tdijarhead
Veteran Member

As long as it’s an mk5 you should be fine. These cars are virtually all the same within each generation. Jetta, Golf, Beetle sharing many of the same parts with minor variations in trim parts especially on the Beetle.

I wouldn’t go all in on Beetle seats to fit your car for instance, till I had confirmed beyond a shadow of a doubt that they would fit.

Engine kind does not make a difference on body and interior parts.
Tdijarhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 13th, 2018, 04:24   #4
mdopole1

Cool, thanks guys. My first water cooled vw. I had leased a 2005 audi a4 years ago.
mdopole1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 13th, 2018, 05:39   #5
relumalutan
Veteran Member

I have swapped in my 06 Jetta the seats from a 07 GTI (same as the GLI, the only difference is that they have embedded GTI on the headrests). In my case, I the ABS connectors of the new seats were not the same as the ones my car had on the floor. I had to cut some wires and "transplant" my old seat connectors to the new ones. Also, under the passenger seat there is a module (I believe it is related to whether the passenger seat is occupied or not). I could not clear the Airbag error in my dashboard with VCDS after I have installed the GTI seats. I had to use the module from my old seat to make things work with no errors.
There used to be a recall for seats: some of the ABS wires located under the seat were too short, causing an airbag error on the instrument panel. VW dealers did a sloppy job fixing it. If I were you, I would double check their work while the seats are still out of the car.