www.tdiclub.com

Economy - Longevity - Performance
The #1 Source of TDI Information on the Web!
Forums Articles Links Meets
Orders TDI Club Cards TDIFest 2016 Gone, but not forgotten VAG-Com List Unit Conversions TDIClub Chat Thank You

Order your TDIClub merchandise and help support TDIClub

Go Back   TDIClub Forums > TDI Model Specific Discussions Areas > VW MKV-A5 Golf/Jettas

VW MKV-A5 Golf/Jettas Discussions area for A5/MkV Jetta/Golf (2005/2006 PD and 2009 CR).

Old August 14th, 2019, 09:42   #1
Huelsdonk

Default Calling electrical engineering TDI gods

I have two EDC16u34 ecus with suspected bad g28 crankshaft position sensor circuits. The first ecu failed while installed in the original car, a 2006 jetta tdi. I was not the owner of the car when it failed, I just chased the problem around for a year. The second ecu was functional for appx 2 weeks and yesterday the engine gave a couple hesitations within a few minutes while driving, then the next time i went to start it took extended cranking times and vcds gives a g28 no signal code. both ecus have been immobilizer deleted as the engine is in a toyota pickup now.
I would like to send my ecu to a guru who knows how to test the circuits and tell me what has happened and why it has happened twice. I would like to talk on the phone to someone and work through my problems. This is beyond frustrating. I have also reflashed both ecus several times with several different sets of code with no positive results. Anyone who is interested please PM me a phone number or i will send mine.
Huelsdonk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 26th, 2019, 13:43   #2
mextdi
Veteran Member

Talk to Ian at Reflect Tuning. He is the most knowledgeable ECU person I know.
mextdi is offline   Reply With Quote