www.tdiclub.com

Economy - Longevity - Performance
The #1 Source of TDI Information on the Web!
Forums Articles Links Meets
Orders TDI Club Cards TDIFest 2016 Gone, but not forgotten VAG-Com List Unit Conversions TDIClub Chat Thank You

Order your TDIClub merchandise and help support TDIClub

Go Back   TDIClub Forums > TDI Model Specific Discussions Areas > VW MKVI-A6 Golf family including Jetta SportWagen (~ 2010-2014)

VW MKVI-A6 Golf family including Jetta SportWagen (~ 2010-2014) Discussions area for A6/MkVI (2010-2014) Golf and Golf Wagons (Jetta Sportwagon in the USA).

Old August 8th, 2019, 07:27   #1
myribitsbroke

Default Radio help

Hello all,
2011 Jetta Sportwagon TDI
I'm chasing a radio problem that isn't helped by the fact that VW doesn't provide a fuse panel diagram.
Stock radio died a few weeks ago. I checked fuses but couldn't trace it to that. Read that this is a known issue for this radio (RD510 I think) so I decided to get an aftermarket.
Installation went without issue but the new radio doesn't work either. The chances that I purchased a faulty radio seem low and I'm beginning to think there's an issue in the car.
The following fuses have been checked based on online resources:
Engine compartment:
F8 and F18 (both were empty)
Dashboard:
42 and 43 (among a bunch of others)

Can anyone confirm what fuse controls the radio on this model?

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
myribitsbroke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 18th, 2019, 19:13   #2
Thunder Chicken

I recently went through similar issues. I bypassed it all by putting in an add-a fuse on an ignition controlled circuit. I don’t remember which one. It was trial and error. I ran a new wire to the radio’s 12v supply. I was getting an ‘infotainment bus error’ on VCDS..... and a variable voltage on the 12v supply to the radio, causing it to not power on sometimes....