For Sale - 2002 4 door VW Golf 5 speed TDI - Repairs Needed/Parts Car - Raleigh, NC

TDI
2002 4 door golf
Selling our 2002 VW 4 door VW Golf.

Asking $750 OBO - NEEDS NEW TRANSMISSION Excellent parts car

I am selling the car as is. If the car wont move here in short order I will be calling a junker.

I don't want to hear about how it can probably be fixed for $150 bucks and two hours of work in my driveway. If you feel that strongly about it then come and buy the car. My loss is your gain.

270,232 miles
5 speed manual transmission
1.9L TDI
Cloth interior with sun roof

Photos are uploaded to TDIclub -
http://pics.tdiclub.com/showgallery.php?cat=7057

Purchased the car in March of 2016 with 214,095 miles on it from the original owner. My wife drove the car daily until the transmission went on the car in December. Transmission does not shift to 1st, 2nd, or reverse. We had the vehicle look at by a local mechanic and they confirmed that the car would need a new transmission.

Original owner was a family friend and took good care of the vehicle. Many of the original receipts for repairs and oil changes have been saved. All were not available at the time of the sale to us. Since we owned the vehicle all regular maintenance has been performed. with the exception of the timing belt. Full synthetic oil used since our purchase.

Timing belt replaced at 134,430 miles
Oil changed every 5,000 miles since we purchased the vehicle in 2016.
AC was replaced in summer of 2018 - over $1,000 in repairs.
Glow plugs recently replaced. within the past year.

small dent in driver side passenger door.
Cracked bumper on the front left side.
VW logo in grill is missing the chrome trim.
Glove compartment latch is broken.
One Key

The car has been owned by non smokers.

This was a excellent little car until the transmission broke. It has 270,000+ miles and has minor issues with the interior paint that can be expected with its age. PM me for more information if needed.