BMN to BKD ecu swap what wiring requirements?

falk_ben

TDI
2007 GT 170 (+/- 300 hp)
Looking to piece together kit to do my swap.so far my list is as follows;

• BKD Bosch 16 ecu immo off
  • BKD injector wiring loom
  • BKD Bosch ecu plug and wiring
  • BKD Bosch injectors with Firad 120%

Anything I have missed?

Looking for a good link where someone has joined a BKD ecu plug to BMN wiring loom.

Not running egr, inlet flaps, egr cooler, or exhaust pressure valve. I know I'll have to disable the actuator position sensor (running gtb2260 with cr actuator)

Any advise much appreciated as trying to run 300+ hp.

duke21

Veteran Member
TDI
2.0 TDI BMN
Why are you swapping? What power did you hit wall at? Did you map the car?

falk_ben

TDI
2007 GT 170 (+/- 300 hp)
Hi matey

Never mapped it in the end as run out of time before emigrating back to the Falklands.

Car in UK but shipping as I miss it too much.

I have mpps and Winols but another trade in itself! Willing to learn though?

Car is set up the best I can holding 2.2 bar and a reasonably quick motor but too much smoke off boost.

Still have the reference bmn actuator on a bracket on the bulk head floating, as doesn't start without it plugged in.

Running stage 5 nozzle on the meth, egt safe. Not a clue on power maybe 270 280 hp.

I can send the current bmn file off I guess, but I'd have to let my step dad extract it?. It was mapped at rs tuning in Leeds UK by the previous owner which I cannot fault. Just waiting to see if they can help again.

I guess my torque limit was raised as it hit 506 Nm on the last run. Duty cycle at 85%, but can't seam to adjust this lower with the actuator. It's set at 17.5 hg which seems to be the sweet spot.

How's your motor running? Nice to hear from you.

duke21

Veteran Member
TDI
2.0 TDI BMN
I still own car, turbo is in good condition, but i cannot get car work properly. I have stock actuator and after loading map car pulls great. But in a few hours of driving car looses power gradually and becomes laggy. I will drive it until it breaks and i will never buy a TDI for tuning again.

falk_ben

TDI
2007 GT 170 (+/- 300 hp)
I run a vnt-15 lever stainless spotted on the 2260. The lever is fully forward on stop at 17hg vacuum on the cr actuator. Stop screw set to vane gap to 1.3mm.

My vnt was worn so I've have a new one. Some off the vanes varied when measuring.

Rebuilding the 2260 when my car arrives with new vnt, bearings and seals.