www.tdiclub.com

Economy - Longevity - Performance
The #1 Source of TDI Information on the Web!
Forums Articles Links Meets
Orders TDI Club Cards TDIFest 2016 Gone, but not forgotten VAG-Com List Unit Conversions TDIClub Chat Thank You

Order your TDIClub merchandise and help support TDIClub

Go Back   TDIClub Forums > TDI Model Specific Discussions Areas > VW MKVII-Mk7 Golf family including Golf Wagon (~ 2015 +)

VW MKVII-Mk7 Golf family including Golf Wagon (~ 2015 +) Discussions area for the Mk7 (2015+) Golf and Golf Wagon TDIs based on the MQB (Modularer Querbaukasten) platform.

Old May 10th, 2017, 20:13   #1
peterdaniel
Veteran Member

Default Why would/did you trade/turn in your Jetta Sportwagen for a Golf Sportwagen TDI?

I dunno, this is a hard one.. The leftover Golf TDI SW are very tempting but I like the Jetta sportwagen better.. feels like a premium car over the Golf..

And it has a known track record The new Golf TDI's are a one year deal... makes me worried a tad...
Old May 11th, 2017, 03:40   #2
Grigg3
Veteran Member

The 15 golf wagon feels like the fancier car compared to the 05 Jetta wagon.

No sense getting rid of a good car that's paid for, reliable, and enjoyable.
Keep the old one, get a new one too while you can. In 5 or 10 years be glad you did.
Old May 11th, 2017, 12:44   #3
JayOdom

TDI(s): 2011 JSW

I brought a GSW S w/DSG and VW bought back my 2011 JSW with DSG and Pano, but not because I wanted to. The JSW was for sure a nicer car. Handled better, felt more refined inside the cabin, steering was direct compared to the GSW, JSW had less body role, steering will fit better in my hands on the JSW. However, the road noise of the JSW was terrible compared to the GSW. And the GSW gets better MPG.

I traded it because I had over 110,000 miles on my JSW and we all know that that means timing belt is coming soon along with another DSG maintenance cost. Not to mention that VW will probably never fix the emissions of the JSW TDI, so I'd probably never see any money from settlement.

I really miss my JSW. I took it to buy back last Tuesday.

At the end of the day let VW buy back the JSW and took advantage of good deal on a GSW S Model because I'm an adult. And I know better.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
JayOdom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 11th, 2017, 12:46   #4
JayOdom

TDI(s): 2011 JSW
Default Why would/did you trade/turn in your Jetta Sportwagen for a Golf Sportwagen TDI?

The only reason that I could see to keep a JSW TDI at this point, would be that it will more than likely become a collectors item at some point. In particular if it has a manual shift transmission. I suspect we will see the value of these vehicles start to go up after the buyback ends and all but a few of them are on the road.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
JayOdom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 11th, 2017, 13:34   #5
The Tortoise
Veteran Member

The extended emissions warranty would be reason enough for me to trade it in.
The Tortoise is offline   Reply With Quote