Advice please.

Beemer1972

TDI
Passat 1.9 pd 130
Hi guys. New to the page. Cut a long story longer. Got a 2001 passat 1.9 pd130 for �0„5600. Had to do the normal things like the timing belt that was about 80 thousand miles overdue lol. The front brakes that were well past it. They got done by a tech i know. Then i did the stuff i could do myself. The vac hoses. Cleaned the egr and found that the long pipe from it that goes to the bottom of the engine (not a tech so do not know what you call it) was very very restricted with build up. Trouble is the plank who has had it before has rounded one of the two bolts that Hold it to the engine. I want to clean the turbo out as its done 163 thousand and its a guessing game when you will get boost. The rod moves up and down to a degree when you rev it but there is not a lot of power and it drops off many times. How can i get the pipe off to clean it and also clean the turbo out. I am stuck. Thanks in advance.

Beemer1972

TDI
Passat 1.9 pd 130
Anyone please. Update. Just tried again to take the nut off with some bolt grips and the flat base of the nut has welded to the flat base of the egr pipe. I am at a loss as How to remove it. Help please.

VeeDubTDI

Wanderluster, Traveler, TDIClub Enthusiast
TDI
‘18 Tesla Model 3D+, ‘14 Cadillac ELR, ‘13 Fiat 500e
I would verify that you don't have another problem causing the low power before trying to remove and clean the turbo.

Beemer1972

TDI
Passat 1.9 pd 130
Thanks for the reply. Have tried all the other ideas. Cleaned the egr. Replaced the vac hoses. And removed the Maf but the issue is not that as it goes into limp if i run it off. Am not planning to remove the turbo just clean the egr pipe and run some Mr muscle into the turbo.

1854sailor

Resident Curmudgeon
TDI
2015 Golf SE SportWagen, 2015 Golf SE Hatch Back.
Did you even check out the link in my earlier post? There are tools for removing bolts with rounded heads...

Beemer1972

TDI
Passat 1.9 pd 130
The head is not a issue it seems to have welded the flat part of the nut to the plate. Why oh why do people have to put the old nuts back on when replacing a part that will get bloody hot. Its not rocket science to put new nuts on.