Car-Net.., do I bother with activating?

ABS

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 Passat SE TDI, 6MT
Hi all,

Just picked up a 2014 Passat SE TDI. After reading several threads and the information booklet on the Car-Net system, I am wondering if it is even worth activating. I am not seeing the benefit, aside from it being "free" for the first 6 months. I already have AAA because my other vehicles are older. Any thoughts?

TDI2000Zim

Veteran Member
TDI
VW hat meinen '14 Passat TDiSE getötet.
Hi all,

Just picked up a 2014 Passat SE TDI. After reading several threads and the information booklet on the Car-Net system, I am wondering if it is even worth activating. I am not seeing the benefit, aside from it being "free" for the first 6 months. I already have AAA because my other vehicles are older. Any thoughts?
Hey, I'm in the same boat.

How much is the monthly charge after the 6-month freeby?

ABS

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 Passat SE TDI, 6MT
17.99/month with a 1 year. Gets a little cheaper if you opt for a 3 or 5 year agreement. I just can't see setting it up. They want a credit card up front and your automatically enrolled unless you "opt-out" before the introductory period ends... ( at least that's how I am interpreting the fine print).

MikeTV

Veteran Member
TDI
Non-TDI 3.6 SE
I wouldn't bother with it. Too much per month in my opinion. Also, don't the 2014 Passats still come with free road side assistance from VW for a couple of years?

superchud

TDI
2013 VW Passat TDI SE w/ Sunroof (DSG)
I wouldn't bother with it. Too much per month in my opinion. Also, don't the 2014 Passats still come with free road side assistance from VW for a couple of years?
2yr/24,000 miles includes Roadside Assistance