www.tdiclub.com

Economy - Longevity - Performance
The #1 Source of TDI Information on the Web!
Forums Articles Links Meets
Orders TDI Club Cards TDIFest 2016 Gone, but not forgotten VAG-Com List Unit Conversions TDIClub Chat Thank You

Order your TDIClub merchandise and help support TDIClub

Go Back   TDIClub Forums > TDI Model Specific Discussions Areas > Audi A3

Audi A3 Discussions area for Audi A3 TDI (2010+ in Canada & the US).

Old July 20th, 2019, 00:46   #1
Smeftahi

TDI(s): Audit A3
Default Audi engine dead

Dear all,

Apologies for the long write !

My 2008 A3 1.9 TDI model has been one of my best cars, drove well and was reliable.
last month, I had it serviced at my local mechanic and things did not feel the same straight after that. I felt like power was lacking and it was making some noise when I drive for +1hr. This noise reminded me of an exhaust before it breaks.

Few trips to the mechanic, I was told they straightened the brakes and changed fuel filter. 2 weeks later while driving, I felt car started suddenly rocking, then I got a very clear noise from the engine. I drove back to the mechanic who changed an injector, but that was not enough...I was told the engine was dead and I should replace it.

Is this a known A3 fault or has my mechanic triggered something while servicing the car ? Has fuel pump change caused injector failure ?

I have always used good clean Diesel and additive every 2000Km. Now am reluctant to go Audi, VW or Skoda.

Any input would be great help !

TIA

/Sam
Smeftahi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 28th, 2019, 12:16   #2
ffemtp
Veteran Member

What did the "mechanic" say was wrong with the engine? Did they give you any written explanation of what the issue is?
ffemtp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 28th, 2019, 13:00   #3
johnsTDI

Fuel Economy: oh gosh alot better than burning Gasoline.?

smeftahi unless you broke a rod or ran out of oil in the engine other than that im not sure how You need a engine.? how was the Oil Level on dipstick. was it full?
johnsTDI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 29th, 2019, 08:26   #4
JELLOWSUBMARINE
Veteran Member

You aluded to fuel pump change? My 1st suspicion is improper timing of either or both Fuel pump or timing belt improperly timed. That would give bad power, drivability, improper compression readings... All sorts of issues.