www.tdiclub.com

Economy - Longevity - Performance
The #1 Source of TDI Information on the Web!
Forums Articles Links Meets
Orders TDI Club Cards TDIFest 2016 Gone, but not forgotten VAG-Com List Unit Conversions TDIClub Chat Thank You

Order your TDIClub merchandise and help support TDIClub

Go Back   TDIClub Forums > Classifieds/For Sale/Wanted > Vendor & GroupBuy items for sale

Vendor & GroupBuy items for sale VW TDI/Diesel related items for sale by vendors and Groupbuys. The only commercial posts to these forums are that of Vendors with TDI related equipment. To start a post, you must be a Registered Vendor. You may periodically post a note about products you may have for sale/services so long you indicate clearly you are from the company selling these products/services. The right to discontinue this practice & remove excessive posts remains with the operators of TDIClub. Please note there is also a webpage of TDI Vendors" Group-buys are permited if sponsored by a registered vendor.

Old August 14th, 2010, 06:05   #1
hevster1

TDI(s): 98 NB
Fuel Economy: 40-42
Default Annoucing.....

Well it is official. New Jerseys Finest Shop is going to do weekdays!

As of Monday 8/16/10 I am officially open for business weekdays. I am working on Toyota, Scion, Lexus and of course TDI's. As of mid September I will only be available on weekends by special arrangement. Please contact me @ hevster1@yahoo.com or call 908-496-4447.
NJ's best shop performing Quality Repairs on TDI's, Toyota, Lexus, Scion and other European and Asian cars as well as Motorcycles & ATV's. Written warranty, reasonable prices. ASE L-1 & A-9 Master re-certified. NEW LOCATION: Montague NJ. Hunter Wheel Alignment. Snap-on Tire Service.I don't need to have specials, my prices are better already!
www.mmautocycle.com

Last edited by hevster1; January 14th, 2011 at 17:46.
hevster1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 14th, 2010, 10:51   #2
jonferns
Veteran Member

TDI(s): '15 Golf

For anyone considering using Mike for TDI repair work, go for it. Mikr is very knowledgeable, thorough, and professional and his prices are very reasonable. I'll continue to use him for any tdi repair work, as He already did my timing belt and clutch replacement.
jonferns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 19th, 2010, 14:45   #3
ACHTUNG TDI
Veteran Member
Smile

Mike is an excellent mechanic and thank God he is a superb VW and TDI mechanic. For me Mike has replaced timing belts, done suspension work - struts, shocks, mounts, bushing, ball joints, upgraded my clutch and flywheel, installed a boost valve and then some fun stuff like e-code installs, rear fog light install and a check temp gauge install. The work quality is excellent and the prices very reasonable.

If you have a problem with your TDI or just need routine maintenance either small like oil changes or large like a timing belt, Mike will take care of it for you.

Don't hesitate or think twice about calling him.

My parents don't have a VW but they do have a Toyota!

Len Lepore

Last edited by ACHTUNG TDI; July 8th, 2011 at 10:10.
ACHTUNG TDI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 20th, 2010, 20:54   #4
TDIJetta99
Veteran Member

Fuel Economy: low 38, high 61, avg 48

I was telling someone about you the other day... I think his name is Kent... I'm booked up for the next week or so and I think he needed work done asap..
Old August 21st, 2010, 04:52   #5
hevster1

I haven't heard from anyone named Kent. Appreciate the plug.
NJ's best shop performing Quality Repairs on TDI's, Toyota, Lexus, Scion and other European and Asian cars as well as Motorcycles & ATV's. Written warranty, reasonable prices. ASE L-1 & A-9 Master re-certified. NEW LOCATION: Montague NJ. Hunter Wheel Alignment. Snap-on Tire Service.I don't need to have specials, my prices are better already!
www.mmautocycle.com
Old August 26th, 2010, 04:10   #6
hevster1

I wanted to mention it has been brought to my attention that people have not had any success getting me at the original # in my 1st post. I have changed it to another number and also included my cell # for the time being until I can figure out why the answering machine doesn't work.
www.mmautocycle.com
Old August 27th, 2010, 04:03   #7
silverstick
Veteran Member

Fuel Economy: 50 mpg ('02) and 48 mpg ('05)

It's very much worth it to keep trying till you reach Mike. He does good work, for a good price.

And like all good auto techs, he's a problem-solver. He recently replaced the front wheel bearings on our '05 wagon, but my parts house failed to have one part when it was time to pick up the parts. So Mike had to re-use one of the old parts, and he basically rebuilt it on the spot.

He also checked the lifters and cams on the PD, and reassured me that the oil I've been using has done no damage. But he also went out of his way to find a source for a better 40-weight.

Sometimes he also makes house calls. Ask him how long it takes to drive to Illinois, for example.

(He's also pretty close to an Iron Chef. He has an amazing compressed-air trick for preparing a goose for roasting.)

Thanks, Mike. See you soon about that intake hose and a/c control.

Charles

Last edited by silverstick; January 31st, 2011 at 14:33.
silverstick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 1st, 2010, 11:13   #8
hevster1

Speaking of road calls, I get a call yesterday at about 3 from my neighbor next door. He was camping in Knobels (PA campground) and on the way back blew a tire on his travel trailer. So who gets to do the road call.....me! Seems he forgot to bring the spare and had no tools to do a change. What really hurts is that he forgot to even say thank you. No I didn't charge him. I should have.
www.mmautocycle.com

Last edited by hevster1; September 2nd, 2010 at 12:25.
Old September 2nd, 2010, 12:30   #9
hevster1

I will be stocking t-belt kits by the end of September for ALH and PD models.
I do stock oil and fuel filters for ALH.
I currently stock Amsoil for the ALH and am considering bringing in Lubro-molly in 505.01 for PD's.
www.mmautocycle.com
Old September 10th, 2010, 04:00   #10
hevster1

Another update.
My business line is up and running again.
908-496-4447-regular line with fax.
908-752-5379-is the cell.
Seems my all in 1 machine died and I didn't even know it.
If anyone couldn't get in touch I apologize. You should have no trouble now.
www.mmautocycle.com
Old September 10th, 2010, 04:59   #11
oilhammer
Certified Volkswagen Nut Vendor

Fuel Economy: fantastic

Mike, because I get calls all the time about it, are you able/willing to do BS upgrades on the BHWs? It sure would be nice for those in your area.
Old September 11th, 2010, 11:07   #12
hevster1

Quote:
Originally Posted by oilhammer View Post
Mike, because I get calls all the time about it, are you able/willing to do BS upgrades on the BHWs? It sure would be nice for those in your area.
Why not? To date I have had 1 inquiry and he ended up doing it himself.
www.mmautocycle.com
Old September 11th, 2010, 16:41   #13
daedalus
Veteran Member

Mike,

I just bought replacement rotors and pads, thinking I would have to do them myself. I also ordered and am waiting for +5V steel glowplugs to replace the ceramic-tipped time bombs.

Are you willing to work with user-supplied parts?
RocketChip Stage 1 -- 5 Micron fuel filter - EVO Thor skidplate -- Huper-Optik 50 tint - FrostHeater Coolant Heater -- Ventectomy - Chain-free at 100K miles -- Bosch 5V steel GPs -- Torque Converter done at 127K miles
SOLD at 140,800 miles - Torque Converter again! Now pushing a B6 gasser wagon
daedalus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 13th, 2010, 00:31   #14
hevster1

I often have customers source their own parts. It is not a problem. I do ask that they check to make sure everything is there; for example I have received several t-belt kits which were missing items.

Let me know when you would like to come in.
www.mmautocycle.com
Old September 13th, 2010, 16:00   #15
nnjtdi

TDI(s): 06 Jetta

Mike,

I wanted to drop you a note and publicly thank you for the outstanding job you did on my car last week. Mike replaced my timing belt, water pump, tensioner, assorted rollers and accessory belt. It was a pleasure watching a Master Mechanic work on my car and to be able to ask questions and learn a few tricks of the trade.

I would recommend Mike to anybody that requires service on their WV TDI.

Thanks again!
nnjtdi is offline   Reply With Quote