www.tdiclub.com

Economy - Longevity - Performance
The #1 Source of TDI Information on the Web!
Forums Articles Links Meets
Orders TDI Club Cards TDIFest 2016 Gone, but not forgotten VAG-Com List Unit Conversions TDIClub Chat Thank You

Order your TDIClub merchandise and help support TDIClub

Go Back   TDIClub Forums > Classifieds/For Sale/Wanted > TDI Cars for Sale/Wanted

TDI Cars for Sale/Wanted VW TDI/Diesel cars for sale and wanted.

Old April 18th, 2017, 14:19   #151
\/\/0J0
Veteran Member

Fuel Economy: At least 2x that of my TJ

No problem advertising multiple items in one posting, in fact it's encouraged for smaller items. Be sure to spell out the details including price and location and include pics

Sent from my mobile look-at device

"Those willing to sacrifice Liberty for Security deserve neither" -Ben Franklin
\/\/0J0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 18th, 2017, 14:54   #152
vwxyzero
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by \/\/0J0 View Post
No problem advertising multiple items in one posting, in fact it's encouraged for smaller items. Be sure to spell out the details including price and location and include pics
Thanks, I get the details/price/location/photos etc. I've been around for awhile, but my question was about two complete cars in one For Sale add, which aren't exactly small
vwxyzero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 28th, 2017, 11:02   #153
Kitewing

Hi there
I am a total newbie, and can NOT figure out how to list a car for sale. I have a good one. Any advice? Please?
Kitewing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 28th, 2017, 17:19   #154
\/\/0J0
Veteran Member

Fuel Economy: At least 2x that of my TJ

Reckon you gotta participate in some discussions before posting in the classifieds.. Keeps the drifters and curbstoners at bay....
Helps to read the faq's and stickies

"Those willing to sacrifice Liberty for Security deserve neither" -Ben Franklin
\/\/0J0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 1st, 2017, 19:28   #155
patriciasmith

Default 2003 vw jetta tdi

Hi everyone!
I'm new here! But I've lurked about the last couple of months. The reason being that I've been considering selling my 2003 Jetta TDI (4-door, 5-speed, sedan, dark grey). It finally broke the 54,000 ODO last month and currently, a little over 55,000 ODO (I'll get the exact reading and post it). I drove it down from Oregon to Los Angeles in February, when I moved.
It runs great. Has a crack in the windshield and that is its only physical issue. I'll be more specific once I do post the thread. I just wanted to post a feeler here, first. Quite frankly, I need the money and am in an area of L.A. where I can get around via on foot or by Uber. And know that within the next 6-months I can just purchase a newish car if I need to. Until then, thinking of putting this wonderful car (I love this car), up for sale in the area of $3400.
What say anyone here who knows about this stuff? Any input is welcome. Or even offers.
patriciasmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 2nd, 2018, 14:30   #156
stauffermeister

Default Thanks for the post

Thanks for posting about buying and selling.
I am a newbie who is posting to sell an old car.
I have read through TDIclub posts in the past when seeking information about the car.
Marc
stauffermeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 15th, 2018, 17:48   #157
JAV37

Default 2001 ALH A4 5 speed 305K miles

I have a 2001 TDI Jetta 5 speed with 305K miles. I just drove it 1000 miles and would not be afraid to drive it anywhere. It has the rust on the front fenders and the interior issues. The engine and transmission are in great condition. I have driven it for 10+ years and put on 210K+ miles. It is good for parts or with maintenance good for another 100k miles. The timing belt was done at 250K with the complete 100k parts. I have a 2011 TDI to replace it with and wish to sell the 2001. Not wanting to give it away or get top dollar, just a fair price. If any one is interested let me know. I will be driving it to Eastern PA this week but after it will be available. It is the dark green color, never wrecked but not in new condition. It is located in central Ohio. Any questions just ask.
JAV37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 18th, 2018, 15:07   #158
pooktd1

Quote:
Originally Posted by climbinghalfdome View Post
good thread BTW,
Well I'm new to TDI's but I come from a VW family. I read all 3 pages of this thread and I want a medal from Tom.
I think that people selling their TDI's are like people selling their houses. Folks think their's is the best and don't understand why the world isn't banging down their door to buy it at top dollor prices.
I'm looking for a lower mile TDI wagon (Jetta or Passat), automatic, and in the lower $teens. Before you all laugh me off the list, know that I have time and I love the thrill of the hunt. It took me 8 months of daily searching to find my 1987 VW Syncro Vanagon. It's a 1/2 camper and had 260K miles on it then and has 330K miles on it now. (I'd work in a trade if your interested.) Wish me luck.
Now for the accranims. These are what I've figured out so far.
TDI = Turbo direct Injection (duh)
TB = Timing Belt, (This is important cuz I'm guessing if it breaks the valves fall into the head and everything gets ground to bits.. Right?)

MFA = Married, Female, actuator?
EGR = Elderly Grandpa Regulator?
Help me out here.

Kevin in Kanab UT
87 Syncro Weekender 331 K Miles
1966 type 1 Wolfsberg baja project
1966 type 1 parts project
1998 Chevy Metro 160 K miles (49 MPG Unleaded)
trying to sell my 2015 golf sportwagen TDI with 55K excellent condition
pooktd1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 18th, 2018, 16:13   #159
tomo366
TDI Lifer, Member #131

Glad you read it......it’s no new TDI’s available.....supply and demand is now bigger than ever......My primary car these days is a 2014 BMW CPO 328D XDrive a really sweet ride! I still Ave m 2015 Jetta SEL TDI 6 Speed Manual all available options! Also a great car but different than the BMW and My Wife drives the TDI now.....
2015 Jetta TDI SEL Tornado red
2014 BMW 328D XDrive Glacier Silver
2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee Black!
tomo366 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 26th, 2019, 19:10   #160
Casprkln

TDI(s): 2001 Jetta
Fuel Economy: After 350k, still getting around 46mpg on average
Default For sale 2001 Jetta tdi

Hi all,
I’m a newbie on this site. Looking to sell my 2001 with 350000 k on it. It still runs great, new tires, and still get 46 mpg. Anyone interested? I’m near Olympia, WA. I bought it new and I have all the maintenance records. I can include pictures upon request.

Last edited by Casprkln; March 26th, 2019 at 19:12.
Casprkln is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 26th, 2019, 19:54   #161
vwxyzero
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casprkln View Post
Hi all,
Iím a newbie on this site. Looking to sell my 2001 with 350000 k on it. It still runs great, new tires, and still get 46 mpg. Anyone interested? Iím near Olympia, WA. I bought it new and I have all the maintenance records. I can include pictures upon request.
Looks like you didn't read this first:

http://forums.tdiclub.com/showpost.p...55&postcount=1
vwxyzero is offline   Reply With Quote