www.tdiclub.com

Economy - Longevity - Performance
The #1 Source of TDI Information on the Web!
Forums Articles Links Meets
Orders TDI Club Cards TDIFest 2016 Gone, but not forgotten VAG-Com List Unit Conversions TDIClub Chat Thank You

Order your TDIClub merchandise and help support TDIClub

Go Back   TDIClub Forums > TDI Model Specific Discussions Areas > VW MKIV-A4 TDIs (VE and PD)

VW MKIV-A4 TDIs (VE and PD) This is a general discussion about A4/MkIV Jetta (99.5-~2005), Golf(99.5-2006), and New Beetle(98-2006). Both VE and PD engines are covered here.

Old August 16th, 2019, 12:12   #4021
PakProtector
Veteran Member

Either remove the feed hose, or lube it up( the outside) before trying to seat the pedal assy in its home. Also; is no need to fight the MC loose from the pedal whilst it is in the car. Get it all out and work where there is some room.

Douglas

2004 Jetta, 5spd...stock and turning 47-48mpg
PakProtector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 17th, 2019, 08:33   #4022
Powder Hound
Veteran Member

Fuel Economy: pretty freakin' good.

Finished my wife's NB transmission fluid today. I started it on Thursday 2 days ago, but ran out of time.

So, I found that adding fluid to an 01m takes a little less than 3.5 quarts. I had added about 3.3 quarts without letting it drip for a great deal of time. When I brought it to temperature and drained the excess, I only got a few ounces back. The car wasn't perfectly level, with the right rear being a little high. The end result is that I am probably a couple of ounces more than perfect, but that is good enough for me. I think a couple of ounces over is better than ounces under for this transaxle.

So it is 3.5 quarts that I will use as the quantity to change the filter and fluid in her 01m, or any other 01m I run into that I am servicing.

Cheers,

PH

Last edited by Powder Hound; August 17th, 2019 at 08:35.
Powder Hound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 17th, 2019, 14:33   #4023
Blacktree
Veteran Member

Fuel Economy: 44-45 mpg (mostly city)

Today, I picked up some miscellaneous parts from the salvage yard... a couple fuel line fittings (in the engine bay, next to the coolant bottle), a light socket, and the passenger side HVAC vent. One of my fuel fittings was sucking in air bubbles. I got 2, just in case. My front right marker light has corroded contacts, so I found a nice clean light socket. And last but not least, I found a HVAC vent that's perfectly intact. Mine has some loose fins in the vent.
Blacktree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 17th, 2019, 15:35   #4024
PakProtector
Veteran Member

all done but the alignment. Spent the day with my son, re-hab-ing his suspension( 00 Jetta ). New LCA bushings( TT and OE rubber), new struts( Koni's STR-T) to match the back, done with a complete IDP kit and track density uppers. Also got ball joints, and tie rod ends. Not too much drama...LOL

The 19.99 HF joint spreader tool was well worth the $$, clamp it on, and turn the jack screw and the joints came apart with no complaints.
cheers,
Douglas

Old August 17th, 2019, 18:02   #4025
IndigoBlueWagon
TDIClub Enthusiast
Principal IDParts
Vendor
w/Business number

Fuel Economy: 50/45/37

My son and I picked up trim lumber to frame out some windows at my other son's house (while he is on vacation, haven't quite figured that out). Dug out the Thule crossbars for the wagon.

I don't need no stinking pickup truck!
Old August 17th, 2019, 22:14   #4026
Nero Morg
Veteran Member

IBW, your wagon always looks so prestine. I hope mine still looks as clean with your mileage.

Put on a new caliper left rear. Old one wouldn't auto adjust anymore, got tired of the sinking pedal from it. By the way, totally pinched that line to do it. Cause I saw a thread about it recently
Old August 18th, 2019, 03:04   #4027
IndigoBlueWagon
TDIClub Enthusiast
Principal IDParts
Vendor
w/Business number

Fuel Economy: 50/45/37

Thanks. I've found the keys to keeping it looking good are (a) a good detailer; and (b) it's rarely outside unless it's moving. My detailer does such a good job waxing the car it's super easy to wash and looks great after, and I think the paint (and lots of other parts) have lasted so well because this car has been inside a lot of its life.
Old August 18th, 2019, 04:38   #4028
Blacktree
Veteran Member

Fuel Economy: 44-45 mpg (mostly city)

So living a sheltered life is a GOOD thing?
Blacktree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 18th, 2019, 08:43   #4029
sriracha
Veteran Member

Fuel Economy: 40mpg+/-

Went to the ‘yard and found some driver’s side lower dash plastic panels for under the steering wheel, to replace my rattling broken-clip panels. I’m thinking about reinforcing the clips and mounting holes with JB Weld before installing.

Also, found a New Beetle dressed in Double Yellow. I was tempted to buy these seats, but not sure how they would look in my wagon:

Any thoughts???
Old August 18th, 2019, 08:59   #4030
mr.loops
Veteran Member

TDI(s): 2002 jetta

Quote:
Originally Posted by sriracha View Post
Went to the Ďyard and found some driverís side lower dash plastic panels for under the steering wheel, to replace my rattling broken-clip panels. Iím thinking about reinforcing the clips and mounting holes with JB Weld before installing.

Also, found a New Beetle dressed in Double Yellow. I was tempted to buy these seats, but not sure how they would look in my wagon:

Any thoughts???

Oh....I approve

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
mr.loops is online now   Reply With Quote
Old August 18th, 2019, 20:27   #4031
RexNICO
Veteran Member

TDI(s): None

Quote:
Went to the Ďyard and found some driverís side lower dash plastic panels for under the steering wheel, to replace my rattling broken-clip panels. Iím thinking about reinforcing the clips and mounting holes with JB Weld before installing.

Any thoughts???
I have a set of those, but with red inserts. The passenger seat is installed, but Iíve been waiting to refurbish the driver seat before installing ... itís going on 3 years.

Not sure I could do that yellow, but the square bolster is very nice. Grab them and recolor the center sections. Thereís some DIYís about refreshing the color, just refresh it to a darker color.
Old August 18th, 2019, 21:17   #4032
drucifer
Veteran Member

Quote:
Went to the ‘yard and found some driver’s side lower dash plastic panels for under the steering wheel, to replace my rattling broken-clip panels. I’m thinking about reinforcing the clips and mounting holes with JB Weld before installing.

Any thoughts???
Step away from the beetle and keep your hands where we can see them.

You have a blue wagon. Too many colors going on. MAYBE if the wagon was black and the rest of the interior is black leather. Look into dyeing the inserts to match your paint color.
drucifer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 18th, 2019, 21:48   #4033
sriracha
Veteran Member

Fuel Economy: 40mpg+/-

Quote:
Originally Posted by drucifer View Post
Step away from the beetle and keep your hands where we can see them.

You have a blue wagon. Too many colors going on. MAYBE if the wagon was black and the rest of the interior is black leather. Look into dyeing the inserts to match your paint color.

haha! Yeah, you're right, it's too much. I like the black cloth seats currently in my wagon.
I'll leave the Double Yellow untouched and complete for a Beetle owner. It would look good in a black Beetle.
Old August 19th, 2019, 02:55   #4034
PakProtector
Veteran Member

Bah! That can't be seen whilst sitting in them. Those are comfy seats...
cheers,
Douglas

Old August 19th, 2019, 10:06   #4035
Moosenuckle
Veteran Member

Cool

Changed oil with Mobile one @ 380k.
Drove to work about 75miles one way. Broke a drivers axle stranded about an 1hr away from home. Had to sit on the side of the I-70 for about 5 hrs from 4:30am to 9:30am to wait until AAA could find some one.
With that being said. Had to order some parts thru IDparts needed a set of front Bilstein HD fronts and TT control arm bushing and stock front one ,ball joints, tie rod ends both inner and outer , sway bar bushings, drivers side axle. Also thinking of add my metal subframes bushings in since it will go to the alignment shop after this. Now waiting on UPS to show up. I think that’s the hards thing. Not a fan of waiting
Dieselgeek EGR delete.. dieselgeek short shifter,PP520 ,ccv puck vent to atmosphere, straight pipe,injection qty set@3.0, running 2.0MAF,frost heater, HD Bilstein F&R, Audi TT control bushings,IP resealed dieselgeek,on the hunt for RC tune!!

Last edited by Moosenuckle; August 19th, 2019 at 10:06. Reason: Fixing
Moosenuckle is offline   Reply With Quote