www.tdiclub.com

Economy - Longevity - Performance
The #1 Source of TDI Information on the Web!
Forums Articles Links Meets
Orders TDI Club Cards TDIFest 2016 Gone, but not forgotten VAG-Com List Unit Conversions TDIClub Chat Thank You

Order your TDIClub merchandise and help support TDIClub

Go Back   TDIClub Forums > TDI Model Specific Discussions Areas > Audi SUVs (Q7 & Q5) and other V6 TDIs

Audi SUVs (Q7 & Q5) and other V6 TDIs Discussions area for Audi Q7 and Q5 TDI (2009+ in Canada & the US) as well as others with the V6 TDI such as the A6, A7 and A8 sedans.

Old May 19th, 2019, 14:45   #1
commedeschatons

Default Q5 Hood Dump

UPDATE: Everything is aesthetically pleasing. However, i do plan to change the rivets to black/coated ones because it currently looks like one of those jeep wheels is on my hood.

There is also a custom aluminum intake using a CTS Turbo filter and heat shield (originally for the b8 s4). There is definitely more noise but i plan to remove the turbo damper piece (also has the PCV bung) for additional spooly sounds. I feel that my MPG is noticeably improved following these modifications. On a recent 7 hour drive i averaged 46 mpg (indiana -> ohio). I am not sure if the terrain was in my favor, but 42-44 is what im seeing all the time on the highway. Prior to this, i was just under 40mpg. I am not sure if the hood exit and intake contribute to this increased efficiency, but its certainly welcome!

I did go all the way and get a hood stack (its short and 3" dia so maybe not a stack) and a custom intake. Though I did this as a bet i had with a friend, I loved the result so much I am actually going to keep this setup permanently. I do long highway drives frequently and believe there to be less drone than my straight piped setup, and its much much quieter than you would think. Well, its different drone. At 2k there is a resonance that you can feel underneath the car due to the long run but this is just in front. You can have a conversation easily without yelling, i listen to my music on 12 and forget the noise. Until you floor it.

Launch (interior):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=935najtWzl8

City driving (interior)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bA5xt0AF9mk

Gopro shots (before trans tune)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z0zxoQHRoJY

certainly there are some who will hate this, but keep in mind, its all for fun and laughs. While originally, i didn't have any plans to keep this in long term, it turned out so well i will keep this setup for good.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z0zx...ature=youtu.be

Last edited by commedeschatons; June 19th, 2019 at 19:44.
commedeschatons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 20th, 2019, 05:20   #2
2014 A6

Coolest thing I’ve seen this week!
2014 A6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 26th, 2019, 04:03   #3
Jozzie

Next, cone filter and delete the top half of the intake box for spooolie sounds.
Jozzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 19th, 2019, 19:44   #4
commedeschatons

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jozzie View Post
Next, cone filter and delete the top half of the intake box for spooolie sounds.
Done it now
commedeschatons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 18th, 2019, 18:31   #5
Dr Chill
Veteran Member

TDI(s): 2016 A8L TDI

This looks a little different from my approved emissions compliant repair. I wonder how this would look on my A8L.
2015 Camaro Z/28
Dr Chill is offline   Reply With Quote