Where Did You End Up Finding Your Awesome Touareg?

99Jet

Veteran Member
TDI
n/a
Up here in the great white north, I used AutoTrader and Volkswagen's corporate site to find some candidates. I settled on a 2016 with only 10K kilometers and take delivery today - can't wait!

In Ontario, there are about 5 Touaregs available with less than 35K kilometers, many of them auctioned off from VW corporate.

35 Yr Dsl Veteran

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 Touareg TDI Sport
Up here in the great white north, I used AutoTrader and Volkswagen's corporate site to find some candidates. I settled on a 2016 with only 10K kilometers and take delivery today - can't wait!

In Ontario, there are about 5 Touaregs available with less than 35K kilometers, many of them auctioned off from VW corporate.
But how much "funny money" did it cost? ;)

goodmonkey

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 Passat TDI, 2011 Touareg TDI
Found mine through Facebook Marketplace, at a small used car dealer about 2 hours away around Lake Norman NC.

mannytranny

Top Post Dawg
TDI
02 Jetta (sold, such a great car) '16 Touareg
I'm in Ca. Found one in NJ, had it shipped.

Yai

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 Golf TDI, 2014 Touareg- R Line
I’m in Canada and used Auto trader. I was able to find a low mileage, 2014 R line, after extending my search, nationally. I wanted the 2014 R line specifically, and chased one all the way from Regina, Saskatchewan. I got lucky as the car was headed to Toronto, from Montreal, and I was able to intercept it before the dealer ever saw it. Car was also driven by VW employee, and only has 18k km(12k miles?).

Ron

35 Yr Dsl Veteran

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 Touareg TDI Sport
I’m in Canada and used Auto trader. I was able to find a low mileage, 2014 R line, after extending my search, nationally. I wanted the 2014 R line specifically, and chased one all the way from Regina, Saskatchewan. I got lucky as the car was headed to Toronto, from Montreal, and I was able to intercept it before the dealer ever saw it. Car was also driven by VW employee, and only has 18k km(12k miles?).
Ron
What is so great about "R Line"?

Be careful with such low miles. Could be ALL city miles which
is so much harder on engines than highway miles.

goodmonkey

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 Passat TDI, 2011 Touareg TDI
What is so great about "R Line"?
Be careful with such low miles. Could be ALL city miles which
is so much harder on engines than highway miles.
In the grand scheme of things though, even if those are a lot of city miles they are still low to start and it can go a lot further.

Matt-98AHU

Loose Nut Behind the Wheel Vendor
TDI
2001 Golf TDI, 2005 Passat wagon, 2004 Touareg V10.
I got mine from a couple members here. VeeDubTDI and compu_85.

I took a look at it to diagnose a vibration issue it had and after removal of the bank 2 valve cover discovered it had a badly worn cam. After a number of months of them going back and forth on whether to fix it or sell it, they eventually settled on sell the problematic thing and made me an offer that was hard to say no to.

So, bought it, VeeDubTDI setup shipping and away I went.

compu_85 told me if I hadn't of bought it, it almost certainly would have "gone on to a flatter place."

I'm taking over everyone's abandoned, neglected TDIs. I need to get a big piece of property with a large steel building and call it Matt's TDI Orphanage.

TDIDaveNH

Left Lane Coal Roller at Large
TDI
1997 Passat TDI x2 1984 Buick Century 4.3 diesel
I found mine here in the classified section a couple months ago. Wasn't really looking for one, but always thought they were cool. Drove down to CT to look at it, could not see anything significant since the air suspension was down. It had a few other issues but nothing major. It was one of two v10's owned by a logging company and the estimators drove this around looking at different tracts and giving quotes. The company was in CT but registered in NH for tax purposes and all the fleet vehicles had NH plates. The owner passed away last year and the family was still operating the business but thinning things out. Even though this T'reg was off the road for only a year, the last NH inspection sticker on it was 2010. I thought that was funny, man after my own heart. Went back and fourth on buying it just because it is so complex. Went down again to look at it this time on a lift in the maintenance shop and handed over cash then trailered it home the following weekend.

TDI Believer

Responsible For Global Warming
TDI
2012 Touareg TDI
Apple Valley Chevrolet in Martinsburg,WV had six of them. A very nice low mileage silver TDI Exec is now ours. Took it on a trip this weekend. Love it!