1996 Silver Passat B4V for sale Pueblo, CO $5000 obo

Beaterluv

TDI
1996 B4V tdi, 1981 Rabbit pickup AHU, MK2 gli 1z
SOLD, PENDING PICKUP.
So, I guess photobucket started charging. I don't use it enough to justify it. If anyone know what other sites I can use let me know until then....
Link to facebook marketplace ad.
https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/472392980004349/
More detailed description bellow.
I'm selling my beloved B4V tdi. I hate to sell it, but I am getting rid of it to help fund my welding rig. It has 336,000 miles on it. I have owned it for a year. I bought it down in Houston, TX and drove it out to Colorado. The body and interior is in awesome shape for a 1996. This Passat is one of the best running TDIs I have ever owned. I would trust driving it anywhere.
The following links will show the maintenance done previous to my purchase of the car.
Here is a link to the ad from when the car was for sale in 2011
http://forums.tdiclub.com/showthread.php?t=312774
Here is the link to the ad from the owner I purchased it from.
http://forums.tdiclub.com/showthread.php?t=488916
In the year I have owned it, I have done the following maintenance and upgrades.
5 lug swap from a vr6 Passat,(swapped spare as well).
The sprint nozzles that came on it were worn so I swapped some injectors with PP520 nozzles(10,000 miles on them).
Replaced heater core and recovered blend doors while the hvac box was out and a coolant flush, now using g13.
Replaced drivers side window regulator.
Installed stereo and replaced all speakers with stock passat speakers.(I do have a stock stereo with code as well)
Swapped the rocketchip tuned ecu with a Malone 1.5 tuned ecu in order to show some mercy on the turbo.
Lower control arm bushings with solid audi tt rear bushings.
All motor mounts replaced at 320,000
Ball joints
Inner and outer tie rods.
New CV axles.
New toyo tires with less than 10,000 miles on them
Timing belt and tensioner done at 330,000.
B3 glove box installed instead of airbag(I still have the airbag, mount, and hardware to put it back in)
Fuel tank vent mod. I go roughly 700 miles before filling up because I don't like going below 6 gallons.
Replace many of the missing or broken plastic bits in the interior to try to get it back as close to stock as possible.
Sanded and polished headlights and clear coated them.
Resealed leaking sunroof and fixed sagging material.
Replaced sunroof controls cover.
New CCV pipe and replaced oil cooler gasket as well.
Fixed all door handles.
THE BAD
Check engine light burnt out before I got it. The way I found out about it was when I purchased it I scanned it just to check and found a code for glow plug monitoring. I replaced the 50 amp fuse and codes was clear. I have tried to replace the bulb, but the pins are stuck in the cluster. I scan the car when I do oil changes. It comes up clear every time.
Windshield is cracked. I replaced the windshield and 2 days later a rock chipped it and started to crack. It is better than it was before, but still annoying.
Clear coat failure on hood and roof.
Damage to paint on front and rear bumpers.
PARTS INCLUDED
I have a set of BBS RA 2 from a 1995 GLX that need to be refinished but would look great on the car.
I have a bunch of plastics from another Passat that I saved just in case it was needed down the line. Pillar covers, Engine cover, oil pan cover, etc.
3 other sets of headlights.
New rear rotors and pads(brakes are good now, just had them for another car I never put them on)
Tons I'm forgetting I'm sure.

Last edited:

calimustang

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 JSW DSG (buyback, RIP), 2014 JSW TDI, 2015 Passat TDI, 2013 Jetta TDI.
Wow truly nice car. GLWS. If I am looking, I definitely would buy yours. I miss the 2003 ALH wagon 5 speed. Fun little car.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TDIDaveNH

Left Lane Coal Roller at Large
TDI
1997 Passat TDI x2 1984 Buick Century 4.3 diesel
She don't need much....it's worth it with that int/ext color combo.