www.tdiclub.com

Economy - Longevity - Performance
The #1 Source of TDI Information on the Web!
Forums Articles Links Meets
Orders TDI Club Cards TDIFest 2016 Gone, but not forgotten VAG-Com List Unit Conversions TDIClub Chat Thank You

Order your TDIClub merchandise and help support TDIClub

Go Back   TDIClub Forums > TDI Model Specific Discussions Areas > VW MKV-A5 Golf/Jettas

VW MKV-A5 Golf/Jettas Discussions area for A5/MkV Jetta/Golf (2005/2006 PD and 2009 CR).

Old August 9th, 2019, 08:19   #16
mextdi
Veteran Member

I would get a second opinion from someone who has a Vagcom or a specialized scanner that can read VW specific codes. I believe O'Reillys has a Bosch scanner that can scan your car. If it is an ECU, they'll probably want loads of cash.... You can find a good used ECU for cheap and have the IMMO function disabled and test it that way but as is being said, you're just blindly throwing money at it. Check and see how much they will charge you at the dealership, for about $200 you can do it yourself.
mextdi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 20th, 2019, 10:58   #17
FleTDI

Fuel Economy: 58 mpg/ Imperial gal.
Default 05 wagon crank no start too

Hi Folks
Not sure if jumping in on someone else's original problem/question is acceptable (I did it earlier too) but instead of ten threads on same topic..
I still have a similar problem (05 wagon) and finally after checking all the fuel things I could think of I took it to the garage (not a VW one since the nearest is 175 km away) and after the scan they said they would 'start' by replacing the ECU.
If I could figure out how to add an attachment I would include the report I got.
Can a second hand ECU be checked while out of the car? What is involved in plugging it into my car and initializing it or making it recognize a different car? Do I need a VAGCOM for that? (if the ECU is actually the problem)....or is it just "plug and play"?
I had Malone Tuning disable the alarms after losing a bunch of keys one day so not sure if some of the codes below are related to that. It ran for several months after that with no problem.
I had one of the local garages (there are only two) bring down his mobile computer but it could not read anything - just like my OBDII.
The shop said they had a hard time getting the diagnostic tool to read anything but after trying a few diff ways got it to work, then came up with these codes below. I don't seem to have permission to add attachments, but here is the code list from the shop. Does this make sense?
J393 - Power supply voltage too low - intermittent
01330- Central ECU for comfort
01331 - ECU driver clear- J386 Power supply too low
01332 - ECU pass clear
01333 - ECU left rear door
01314 engine control module -no signal-no communication (intermittent)
01334 Door control module
01299 - Diagnostic interface for data bus (J533) no communication -
intermittent
00532 - Supply voltage B+ signal too low-intermittent
00625 Vehicle speed missing messages
00849 S-contact at ignition starter switch (D)
00929 Locking moderate for central locking front side (F221) not a
plausible signal - intermittent
01064 - Terminal 58D interior dimming missing messages - intermittent
01176 Key not allowed-key signal too low
01177 - Engine control unit
Thank you so much
FleTDI is offline   Reply With Quote