www.tdiclub.com

Economy - Longevity - Performance
The #1 Source of TDI Information on the Web!
Forums Articles Links Meets
Orders TDI Club Cards TDIFest 2016 Gone, but not forgotten VAG-Com List Unit Conversions TDIClub Chat Thank You

Order your TDIClub merchandise and help support TDIClub

Go Back   TDIClub Forums > TDI Model Specific Discussions Areas > VW MKV-A5 Golf/Jettas

VW MKV-A5 Golf/Jettas Discussions area for A5/MkV Jetta/Golf (2005/2006 PD and 2009 CR).

Old August 7th, 2019, 07:06   #1
oxydrum@gmail.com

Default Any help appreciated

Hello all!

History:
I have had a 2002 1.9 L VW Jetta Mk4 since 2014. It has been awesome, I have kept up with regular maintenance as well as replaced the clutch, timing belt, water pump and AC compressor on my own.

Beginning of issue:
While moving my family it felt like I blew the clutch, turned out, I sheared all the bolts off of the passenger side axle.

Replaced it after it sat for a month. The battery was dead, hooked it up to a jump-capable starter...

The issue:
Now it cranks but will not start.

-Checked voltage to fuel cutoff valve: good
-Checked fuel lines at injectors: doesnít seem to be getting fuel, at least the pressure isnít what it should be.
-Checked all of the fuses: good.
-Checked the infamous relay by homing it out: its good (also wiggled it just hoping).
-Bypassed upper fuel filter (which was replaced last oil change about 5k miles ago): no luck.
Put in a new battery, manually locked and unlocked the car as well as by remote/key fob: nothing. (Also no lock/key light and it doesnít start up then die immediately).

Conclusion:
I donít know what else to do but rip out the main fuel pump and have it rebuilt, but thatís a last resort. Car was running like a champ up until it sat for a while.

Any ideas appreciated. Supporting a family, need to get it back on the road so momma can have her car back. I work 60+ hours per week, so please excuse me for lagging on reply.

Many thanks-
oxydrum@gmail.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 7th, 2019, 07:08   #2
oxydrum@gmail.com

*ohming not “homing” dad-gern auto correct...
oxydrum@gmail.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 7th, 2019, 08:19   #3
crazyrunner33
Veteran Member

Try posting in the TDI 101 or MK4 section. You'll get a quicker response there, this is the MK5 section. Also, renting or buying VCDS will help out. It'll read codes that the generic OBD 2 readers won't touch.

To help when you're searching for related threads, your engine code is ALH. Some related threads are below.

http://www.forums.tdiclub.com/showthread.php?t=436189

https://forums.tdiclub.com/showthread.php?t=425966

http://www.forums.tdiclub.com/showthread.php?t=484493

Also, try cracking the injectors and bleeding it out. I'd also still replace 109 before pulling off the pump.

Last edited by crazyrunner33; August 7th, 2019 at 08:21.
crazyrunner33 is offline   Reply With Quote