Too much Amsoil Cetane boost?

BeetlePD

Veteran Member
TDI
Beetle 2005
I found an extra bottle in the spare tire well. If I pour all 15 ounces (0.1 gallon) all at once would it be bad? Honestly this additive is just too messy... I want to get rid of it.

Also does it prevent winter fuel gelling?

Thanks

Last edited:

MichaelB

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 Passat SE DSG
I found an extra bottle in the spare tire well. If I pour all 15 ounces (0.1 gallon) all at once would it be bad? Honestly this additive is just too messy... I want to get rid of it.

Also does it prevent winter fuel gelling?

Thanks

With the numerous posts, you have made about fuel additives you really should quit while your ahead. Use the search function and everything you have started a post about will be answered. Also maybe you could just read the label and if it doesn't say "prevents fuel gelling" it doesn't.

BeetlePD

Veteran Member
TDI
Beetle 2005
Well I searched and found Nothing about “too much crtsne boost”. Why don’t you show me Michael? (crickets)

LOOK I just don’t want to damage the engine; that’s all.

MichaelB

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 Passat SE DSG
Well I searched and found Nothing about “too much crtsne boost”. Why don’t you show me Michael? (crickets)

LOOK I just don’t want to damage the engine; that’s all.

In a different post you asked if you didn't use Amsoil Cetane Boost would it damage your engine and now you want to know if you dump in a whole bottle will it damage your engine. Man O Man where are you coming from? No, I'm not gonna do a search of these forums for you............:rolleyes:

Lightflyer1

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Beetle tdi dsg
Started a post on adding 2 stroke oil to the fuel as well. All 16 posts could have been searched and answers found. If you are that concerned just throw it away or dispose of it or give it away. I am sure someone would take it off your hands.

If you don't want to damage the engine follow the maintenance schedule and use OEM parts and fluids and procedures. Leave everything else alone.

BeetlePD

Veteran Member
TDI
Beetle 2005
And question still not answered.

Just a series of posts telling me to not talk. If everyone followed that advice (don’t post) this forum would be completely dead from lack of activity.

Last edited:

turbobrick240

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2011 vw golf tdi(gone to greener pastures), 2001 ford f250 powerstroke
It won't hurt anything. Might as well get rid of it that way next time you fill up.

BeetlePD

Veteran Member
TDI
Beetle 2005
No, I'm not gonna do a search of these forums for you............:rolleyes:
That’s because you know the Question has never been asked, and so a search would be pointless. I still would not have an answer.
MichaelB said:
You really are a dork!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Thank you :rolleyes:

Such polite people here. I wonder if there’s a better forum I could choose to get TDI advice and help

Last edited:

iamatt

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 Jetta 6 Speed manual
Just use it what's the big deal. Ol rattler the hd3000 is good in the 2.0btw :)

Sent from my FRD-L14 using Tapatalk