Gear position indicator in display?

dhuddleson

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 Jetta Highline TDI sedan
With the DSG automatic transmission, when you have the gear lever in Drive or Sport position, the dash will display "D" or "S". Only in Manual mode can you see the actual gear number (1 thru 6) displayed. Can you use VCDS or other diagnostic tool to have the Mode and gear number displayed together? I would like to see things like "D5" or "S3", showing me not only the Mode but the gear the transmission has engaged.

Gilty_one

Veteran Member
TDI
2016 Touareg Execline 3.0 V6 TDI; 2012 Jetta Highline TDI
With the DSG automatic transmission, when you have the gear lever in Drive or Sport position, the dash will display "D" or "S". Only in Manual mode can you see the actual gear number (1 thru 6) displayed. Can you use VCDS or other diagnostic tool to have the Mode and gear number displayed together? I would like to see things like "D5" or "S3", showing me not only the Mode but the gear the transmission has engaged.
+1 if you can figure that out.... (I would like to see this in both my Jetta and Touareg)

Gettajetta

TDI
2016 Jetta SE Bluemotion TDI 2.0
^^^

On my 2016 (made in October 2015) 7 speed DSG TDi, the gear numbers come up in the MFD, S1-6, and D1-7 when the lever is in D or S.

S mode limits 'top' to 6th. Car is Euro spec though, I'm in London UK.

Still no clues as to which DSG I have - dry or wet clutch. Engine is EA288.

KERMA

Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
99 beetle and 04 jetta
DSG tune can enable this gear number display