VW tdi jetta high pressure fuel pump problem

Ken-Ida

TDI
2012 6 spd
2012 Jetta 2 Litre TDI Diesel pump failure

All who own late model vw jetta tdi 2009-2010 must beware of the faulty high pressure fuel pump problem. VW must recall this problem but they are avoiding it. i called vw of America an stated that I want to be on record in case this happens during or after warranty so vw will be liable and fix this $10,000 headache.

BWM had a similar problem an ABC 20/20 Chris Cuomo at 212 456 7777 interviewed BMW an soon after that program BMW recalled 160,000 cars for the fix. Nice going Chris Cuomo.

We need more owners of TDI complaining to VW of America an to also call Chris Cuomo at the above telephone number.
-Tues Oct 22- Had only 20000 miles on new car and filled up at a busy diesel station and got some contamination in fuel which because VW has poor filtration protection and a poor high presure aluminum pump failed and I was given a ten thousand $ bill.This is all caused by poor design of filters and pump which is VW PROBLEM 519-482-7508 Ken

Ken-Ida

TDI
2012 6 spd
I would like to get a new 1.9 twin cam TDI in place of 2 litre.It has NONE of the fuel problems and is a great engine.Ken 519-482-7508

LeighMcG

TDI
Jetta
Fuel Pump replacement

At 26,671 miles, my Jetta TDI had to have the fuel pump replaced. I have been advised to buy an extended warranty but frankly, don't want to spend the extra money. I am wondering if it's a wise purchase. I don't want another $6,500 repair come at me, this time at my cost. My warranty is about to expire. Thank you.

bigbadfords

TDI
Just had my 2009 diagnosed today as a HPFP failure with 97K miles on it. Called VW and was basically told that they are aware of the issue on a small number of these cars but there are currently no recalls. Do yourself a favor and instead of buying a warranty just buy a different (non VW) car!!

dedotodor

TDI
2011 Audi A3
2011 Audi A3 TDI HPFP failure at 42000 miles

Nothing new, I had a HPFP failure at 42000 miles.
The dealer will replace it, but I am concerned that it may happen again.
I am considering extended warranty or getting rid of the car.
:mad:

Moesauction!

Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
2001 tdi 423,000 sold:[ , 2003 tdi 425,000 lower ryder hot rod 17/22 520rc southbend clutch. 2005 mercedes cdi 232,000 sold , 2003 7.3 ford 586,000 miles.
aS A USED TDI DEALER, I WILL NEVER SELL A 2009 OR 201O, NO WAY WOULD I EVER WANT THAT TO HAPPEN TO A INDIVIDUAL OR FAMILY.
GROSS THAT VW IS LOOKING AT IT LIKE, WELL IF WE WAIT 2 YEARS HOW MANY UNITS WILL BE SALVAGED OFF OR TRADED IN.
THIS PART OF VOLKSWAGEN IS DISGUSTING. tHEY SHOULD RECALL THE CARS OR GIVE A HUGE TRADE IN ALLOWANCE AND DESTORY THEM. 8000 REPAIR IS STUPID FOR ANY CAR THAT COST 24,000.00 THESE ARE SUPPOSE TO BE THE PEOPLES CAR NOT FERRARI.

Richard C

TDI
2010 Jetta Wagon
My 2010 Jetta just got back from 2nd fuel pump break down. Dealer has been great 135k miles so far say they will continue to fix. My concern is talking to VW corp no one has a resolution in sight other than it will break within 60k or so mikes and VW will consider warranty of it on a case by case basis. Asked if I could use an additive to lubricate pump or any preventative maintenance ideas. Answer is no would void warranty. Still put tinting ind same pump. Asked if brand new TDI have same issue and was told yes. I am not a mechanic however I am at a loss VW cannot remedy the problem.
Love my car and goal was to run 300k or more. Really sad day to think you may have to get rid of a car you love because VW has no idea how to resolve issue.
In regards to everything else I am totally sold on performance and mileage with TDI