Brandon ruined my...

MerelyKarma

Veteran Member
TDI
Golf TDI 2005, Alfa Romeo 164L
fuel economy, by doing a stage 1 Malone tune :D:p. Its way too fun to have a heavy foot now, totally new car. I didn't even drive to work today and I'm still smiling.

I headed into his shop for a tune and some other things, ended up in hanging out for a couple hours (which was way better then sitting in this cubicle) and leaving with a new feeling car.

So far he has hooked me up with a bunch of parts (through him and his friend), sorted out my brakes, done a tune, sorted someone who got towed in (had him driving out in under 30 min), he also took me for a spin in his oh so awesome golf, and bought me breakfast!

Needless to say I'll be headed back to him.

Thanks Brandon for everything!

[Edit] VDUB Tech = Brandon

Just so we are clear by the mildly misleading title, he didn't ruin anything, my decrease in fuel economy is due purely to my lead foot exploring the new power he gave me.

Last edited:

Muggins

Veteran Member
TDI
02 Golf GL 4dr 5spd
[QUOTEJust so we are clear by the mildly misleading title, he didn't ruin anything, my decrease in fuel economy is due purely to my lead foot exploring the new power he gave me.[/QUOTE]

Nice. That made me smile.

Now you're hooked. Next will be an upgraded clutch to handle the extra power, followed by nozzles, then an upgraded suspension (to handle the power), then upgraded brakes, rear sway bar.

It's a slippery but fun slope, I imagine.

nate379

Veteran Member
TDI
05 Jetta
I get same fuel mileage stock vs Stage 2 tune, maybe cause I don't have to hold it to the floor to get up to speed or go up hills most of the time now?! :D

Sweeps

Veteran Member
TDI
None currently. MK4/5/6 Jetta's in the past.
I got the upgraded clutch, now I need the tune....I can't believe I have lasted this long.

Brandon Rocks though. Which reminds me, I need to stop in to get my airbag light turned off....

Slowrvr

Veteran Member
TDI
2016 Golf Sportwagon
I drove his car a couple weeks ago to do a delivery. Now I feel like I have four flats and the hand-brake on in my car ;-)

jdezzy

TDI
2000 VW Jetta TDI
I drove his car a couple weeks ago to do a delivery. Now I feel like I have four flats and the hand-brake on in my car ;-)
Haha! I felt the same way after he let me drive my car from his shop back to Oshawa while he worked on my Jetta. Wow, does his car ever smoke but it sure is fast as hell! I forgot that it's a 6-speed so I drove in 5th the whole time! He even made a comment while we test drove my car when he was done...something like, this car feels slow after driving mine, huh? lol, what a guy. For real, he's a great guy. I plan on getting Stage 1.5 in the near future since he has replaced my actuator, loosed/cleaned the vanes, and replaced my N75.

Sweeps

Veteran Member
TDI
None currently. MK4/5/6 Jetta's in the past.
I drove Brandon's car once, that was enough, same as above, my cars feels as slow as molasses after driving that Golf.

I can't believe the torque that thing has.

chargersrt10

TDI
00 Mk4 Jetta TDI ALH
I'm jealous now. I have to get a hold of this "Brandon" and see if he can get some life in my ALH. 50MPG is great, But I miss the 24 PSI of my old 95' Audi S6. Pure speed baby!!!!

Slowrvr

Veteran Member
TDI
2016 Golf Sportwagon
I think he is running a tune, cam, larger turbo, IC, pump, and water/meth injection.